Re: [OziUsers-L] Ozi Android Zoom change

  • sunwires
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
      Had no issue with the zoom at all and use Ozi Android on an Acer Iconia 7” most days. Using the latest version.

      Cheers,
      David

    • Laurie
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
        Des

        I commented about the pinch zoom a few weeks back. Yes, agree it needs some refinement by Des. Personally, I would prefer if the zoom only changed one zoom level with each pinch.

        Laurie

        --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, John Tserkezis <jt@...> wrote:

        > Des Fry wrote:
        >
        > > When I'm using OziDroid on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 I often notice the zoom
        > > level suddenly change from 100% to 1%, usually when I have inadvertently
        > > touched the screen (not on the zoom buttons).
        >
        > > Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know why this happens. It's
        > > a nuisance but I can return to 100% view with the + zoom button or select it
        > > on the menu.
        >
        > It might be the over-zealous application of zoom with the new
        > pinch-zoom feature.
        >
        > Pinch zoom finger separation to actual zoom application does not
        > appear to be proportional to other software/devices that you may have
        > used with the pinch zoom feature. It appears a linear separation of
        > your fingers applies a different fixed zoom level to the map. So even a
        > small pinch can result in huge zoom changes.
        > --
        > Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

      • Des Fry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
          Thanks John & Laurie. I really don't know why I didn't think of pinch zoom
          as a possible cause; I guess with Ozi providing its own precise zoom
          change, it never occurred to me to try 'pinching'. I think you hit the nail
          on the head as to the cause; I'll watch it carefully from now on.

          As I'm quite short sighted I can easily read the smallest text on screen
          without needing to use finger separation and so tend to forget the option is
          there ;-)

          --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> ,