Re: [OziUsers-L] Ozi Android Zoom change

  • John Tserkezis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2013
      Des Fry wrote:

      > When I'm using OziDroid on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 I often notice the zoom
      > level suddenly change from 100% to 1%, usually when I have inadvertently
      > touched the screen (not on the zoom buttons).

      > Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know why this happens. It's
      > a nuisance but I can return to 100% view with the + zoom button or select it
      > on the menu.

      It might be the over-zealous application of zoom with the new
      pinch-zoom feature.

      Pinch zoom finger separation to actual zoom application does not
      appear to be proportional to other software/devices that you may have
      used with the pinch zoom feature. It appears a linear separation of
      your fingers applies a different fixed zoom level to the map. So even a
      small pinch can result in huge zoom changes.
      --
      Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
    • sunwires
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
        Had no issue with the zoom at all and use Ozi Android on an Acer Iconia 7” most days. Using the latest version.

        Cheers,
        David

      • Laurie
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
          Des

          I commented about the pinch zoom a few weeks back. Yes, agree it needs some refinement by Des. Personally, I would prefer if the zoom only changed one zoom level with each pinch.

          Laurie

          --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, John Tserkezis <jt@...> wrote:

          > Des Fry wrote:
          >
          > > When I'm using OziDroid on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 I often notice the zoom
          > > level suddenly change from 100% to 1%, usually when I have inadvertently
          > > touched the screen (not on the zoom buttons).
          >
          > > Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know why this happens. It's
          > > a nuisance but I can return to 100% view with the + zoom button or select it
          > > on the menu.
          >
          > It might be the over-zealous application of zoom with the new
          > pinch-zoom feature.
          >
          > Pinch zoom finger separation to actual zoom application does not
          > appear to be proportional to other software/devices that you may have
          > used with the pinch zoom feature. It appears a linear separation of
          > your fingers applies a different fixed zoom level to the map. So even a
          > small pinch can result in huge zoom changes.
          > --
          > Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

        • Des Fry
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
            Thanks John & Laurie. I really don't know why I didn't think of pinch zoom
            as a possible cause; I guess with Ozi providing its own precise zoom
            change, it never occurred to me to try 'pinching'. I think you hit the nail
            on the head as to the cause; I'll watch it carefully from now on.

            As I'm quite short sighted I can easily read the smallest text on screen
            without needing to use finger separation and so tend to forget the option is
            there ;-)

            --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> ,