Re: [OziUsers-L] GNSS

  • barbudor
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 1, 2013
      Hi Philip

      GNSS is not a chipset. It is an acronym which means Global Navigation
      Satellite System, a generic acronym which covers every type of satellite
      base location system.
      Which of course include GPS (which is the American one), Galileo (the
      European one), Glonass (the Russian one) and may be others.

      Note that this is is just an explanation of the wording.
      I do not mean by now that the chipset on your tableat is compatible with
      one or many of these systems.

      We would need more details on your tableat and its effective chipset.

      barbudor

      2013/4/1 philliphannam <philliphannam@...>

      > **
      >

      > I have a new Tablet & was wonding if i can use ozi on it
      > the chipset is GNSS
      > Thanks

    • John Tserkezis
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 13, 2013
        poppapete33 wrote:

        >> Are you sure it doesn't?
        >> See this
        >> http://www.euroga.org/forums/website/882-windows-8-internal-gps-to-nmea-converter

        > Doesn't that article confirm what we are saying, that constellation data is not available via the W8 api!

        I glossed over it before thinking the same thing - so I read it again,
        properly this time. :-)

        Being a firm believer in "some blabbering in a forum does not a
        standard make", I looked it up, and it does indeed appear the APIs can
        do that and more.

        It doesn't explain why near-nobody supports it though.

        I'm sure I read a reply by Des that said the API doesn't have that (or
        words to that effect), but I can't find evidence of that, so either it
        was someone else quoting Des, or I imagined it.
        Perhaps an early version of the API was documented that didn't have
        that, a flakey guess, but that's the best I can do for now.
        --
        There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. -Mark Twain