RE: [OziUsers-L] Re: iPad mounting

  • Graeme Harrison
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi Peter,

      I haven't been aware of the sea sucker mount but I think it looks OK. A
      couple of questions please.

      * It looks like a 200 series cruiser you have it in, do you support
      the lower edge of the tablet on the radio to stop it bouncing.
      * It also looks like you have a non Toyota nav system in the radio
      slot. What is it please and if it is an Ozi system why did you need to put
      the tablet mount in.
      * You seem to have the 114 mm cups is that right.
      * Does the stalk come in different lengths or is it adjustable.
      * I guess you are in Australia, where did you buy it

      Regards,

      Graeme Harrison

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
        Std 200 series Sahara
        Seaucker - bought on line
        No other support - it holds it very firmly. Have had it in extreme conditions.
        I think they are 114mm
        The stalks weren't the right length. I used 1 std & turned up an extension.
        Std GPS on Sahara is useless once you leave the big smoke so prefer Oziexplorer. Android screen is great for my ageing eyes.
        I am in Aus.

        Peter Schultz
        CEO Hunter Imaging Group
        Sent from my iPhone

        --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com<mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com<http://40yahoogroups.com>> ,
        "Graeme Harrison" <mgbl@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Having recently updated the car form a 100 series Cruiser to a 200 series
        > am seriously missing my laptop installation in the car where I could see
        my
        > lovely Ozi map keeping track of our location. I have an iPad and I have
        the
        > HEMA map pack to run on it. I would like to run Ozi on it too one day
        maybe
        > maybe. In the meantime, I would like some help to find a link to the best
        > mounting arrangement for an iPad or similar device in a 200 series
        > Landcruiser. I am concerned about the location of the airbags in the car
        and
        > I want to be clear that I have managed to install the iPad away from the
        > deployment envelop of the airbags.
        >
        > There are several RAM mounts the I have looked at that may work but I
        would
        > like some advice from users have done the installation in a 200 and are
        > happy with it on corrugations etc.
        >
        > I have a look at the data base but maybe I have not searched it well
        enough.
        > If there is a link there would someone please pass it on to me.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Graeme Harrison
        >
        > (Melbourne Oz)

      • Graeme Harrison
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
          Thanks to Pete, bgreeni, Tony, Bert, Andrew,

          For your interest in my iPad mounting matter. I have followed Peter’s idea with the Seasucker mounting and to my amazement I discover the importer lives 2 km away from me in Ascot Vale (Victoria). A very trusting gent he said I could have the mounting for a couple of weeks to trial it and return it if not happy. Didn’t even take my name and address. I think it will be the goods though.

          I will post some pics when it is operational.

          Regards,

          Graeme Harrison

          --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:OziUsers-L%40yahoogroups.com<http://40yahoogroups.com>> ,
          "Graeme Harrison" <mgbl@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Having recently updated the car form a 100 series Cruiser to a 200 series
          > am seriously missing my laptop installation in the car where I could see
          my
          > lovely Ozi map keeping track of our location. I have an iPad and I have
          the
          > HEMA map pack to run on it. I would like to run Ozi on it too one day
          maybe
          > maybe. In the meantime, I would like some help to find a link to the best
          > mounting arrangement for an iPad or similar device in a 200 series
          > Landcruiser. I am concerned about the location of the airbags in the car
          and
          > I want to be clear that I have managed to install the iPad away from the
          > deployment envelop of the airbags.
          >
          > There are several RAM mounts the I have looked at that may work but I
          would
          > like some advice from users have done the installation in a 200 and are
          > happy with it on corrugations etc.
          >
          > I have a look at the data base but maybe I have not searched it well
          enough.
          > If there is a link there would someone please pass it on to me.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Graeme Harrison
          >
          > (Melbourne Oz)

        • mgbl2
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
            Hi Peter,

            I have purchased a Seasucker and I would like a couple of pictures of
            your installation. Please photograph the extension with your extra
            extension as well as a sideways picture of the installation as it is
            mounted on the dashboard.

            I can be reached on mgbl@... <mailto:mgbl@...> to avoid
            labouring the forum.

            regards,