RE: [OziUsers-L] Firestone Air Bag suspension

  • Will Kohlen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 1:26 AM
      Is it a case of your rear springs sagging? I had this problem on my LC on a
      trip from Perth around Australia towing a heavy trailer.

      I took it in to a Spring Setting place in Queensland. (where the problem
      presented itself) and the guy said that the Japanese simply cannot set
      springs properly, and that they could do a reset that would hold shape. I
      was a bit dubious, but had them reset the springs. I continued my trip and
      had no further problems with any sagging springs, and that was over ten
      years ago!

      Has anyone had any problems with Firestone Ride Rite Air Suspension.
      My 76 LC series sags in the rear end and I am looking at putting air
      suspension on top of rear springs.

    • Dennis Pogson