Re: TFW/JFW GeoTiff import *always* broken?

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
      This is an Oziexplorer issue... i haven't used ozi in a while and just
      reinstalled it on my laptop and I've been trying to load the .sid
      drg's from http://datagateway.nrcs.usda.gov and it kept giving the
      same or a similar error as you are geting and wouldn't import the maps
      properly. Well i finally tried importing a map on my desktop and it
      imported it perfect on the first try! My desktop is running 3.95.4m
      while i was using the 3.95.4q (the latest ozi) on my laptop. I
      uninstalled the newest one on my laptop and installed the older
      3.95.4m version on my laptop and now it also imports the files just fine.

      Jeff

      --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Holzmann" <pete-groups@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm making good progress with OziExplorer.
      >
      > Best result: importing GeoTiff files that have FGD aux
      > data works perfectly.
      >
      > Aggravating result: no matter what source (archive.org,
      > seamless.usgs.gov, USAphotoMaps), I get a consistent
      > error when importing DRG's that only come with TFW/JFW
      > metadata:
      >
      > * Top left corner (point 1) is correct
      >
      > * Bottom right corner (point 2) has a Y value of zero
      >
      > * Point 3 is defined as bottom right but has no world
      > value
      >
      > * Point 4 is defined as bottom left but has no world
      > value
      >
      > I manually correct by unselecting points 3 and 4, and
      > copying the bottom right Y value to point 2, and all is
      > well.
      >
      > Seems a bug this obvious should have been found before,
      > and/or I am doing something wrong.
      >
      > Has anyone else seen or solved this problem?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Pete H
      >
      > PS I also get an immediate crash in the names importer
      > when importing US state name tables (zip format). Any
      > confirmation?

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
        Just got an email back from Des and he's uploaded a new version of
        3.95.4q and I've tested it out and it fixed my problem.