Re: [OziUsers-L] Torrent Downloads - Reseeding

  • David Read
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
      Yeah, still pirated software tho. .... no?

      Cheers
      Dave
      South Oz

      Kanga wrote:

      <snip>

      > If you don't yet understant the Torrrent system I commend the
      > aquiaition of some familiarity to all group users.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > kanga.
    • dennispogson
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com, David Read <defender110@...>
        wrote:

        > Yeah, still pirated software tho. .... no?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave
        > South Oz
        >
        > Kanga wrote:
        >
        > <snip>
        > >
        > > If you don't yet understant the Torrrent system I commend the
        > > aquiaition of some familiarity to all group users.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > >
        > > kanga.

        I guess so.

        Blackbeard.
      • cnclayton2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
          These originate from www.gpsaustralia.net and are perfectly legal
          to download
          wrote:

          > Yeah, still pirated software tho. .... no?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Dave
          > South Oz
          >
          > Kanga wrote:
          >
          > <snip>
          > >
          > > If you don't yet understant the Torrrent system I commend the
          > > aquiaition of some familiarity to all group users.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > kanga.

        • John Tserkezis
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
            cnclayton2001 wrote:

            > These originate from www.gpsaustralia.net and are perfectly legal
            > to download

            Then also point a url to gpsaustralia.net for those who want to get them
            from there. Otherwise it's like saying you can buy perfectly legal maps from
            a perfectly legal map shop, that just happens to be located right in the
            middle of the prostitution area of the city you currently reside.

            Perfectly above board - as long as you ignore the fact you need to negotiate
            your way through the hookers and strip joint bouncers on your way to said
            legal map shop.

            This would be a suitable analogy, no?
            --
            Linux Registered User # 302622
            <http://counter.li.org>
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
              John Tserkezis wrote:
              > cnclayton2001 wrote:
              >
              >> These originate from www.gpsaustralia.net and are perfectly legal
              >> to download
              >
              > Then also point a url to gpsaustralia.net for those who want to get them
              > from there. Otherwise it's like saying you can buy perfectly legal maps from
              > a perfectly legal map shop, that just happens to be located right in the
              > middle of the prostitution area of the city you currently reside.
              >
              > Perfectly above board - as long as you ignore the fact you need to negotiate
              > your way through the hookers and strip joint bouncers on your way to said
              > legal map shop.

              You say that like it'd be a bad thing.
            • Julian Monfries
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
                John,

                I agree with you, though it does sound like you�ve been to The Map Shop in
                Adelaide, South Oz

                Julian Monfries

                Friends of the Heysen Trail

                www.heysentrail.asn.au

                Then also point a url to gpsaustralia.net for those who want to get them
                from there. Otherwise it's like saying you can buy perfectly legal maps from

                a perfectly legal map shop, that just happens to be located right in the
                middle of the prostitution area of the city you currently reside.

                Perfectly above board - as long as you ignore the fact you need to negotiate

                your way through the hookers and strip joint bouncers on your way to said
                legal map shop.

                This would be a suitable analogy, no?
                --
                Linux Registered User # 302622
                <HYPERLINK "http://counter.li.org"http://counter.li.org>
                Internet: HYPERLINK
                "mailto:jt%40techniciansyndrome.org"jt@...

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                6:01 AM

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                6:01 AM

              • John Tserkezis
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
                  Broady wrote:

                  >> Perfectly above board - as long as you ignore the fact you need to negotiate
                  >> your way through the hookers and strip joint bouncers on your way to said
                  >> legal map shop.

                  > You say that like it'd be a bad thing.

                  In that part of town, nothing's free. And since I stopped paying for porn a
                  long time ago, actually forking out money for it now, is, well, sick.

                  As opposed to getting it for free, which is not sick. Supposedly. Ahem.

                  And we'll leave it at that shall we...