Re: Name Search Issues

  • Laurie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      Erik

      I think there are errors in the UK database. Some of the places I
      checkout, are out from their real position. They aren't ,for
      example, to the left or right of the real position, so it is not a
      calibration error.

      In the end, I used the MS Map point (WGS 84) database to calibrate my
      file. From there I could check the co-ordinates of some of the
      places, and yes, some of the places are incorrect.

      Do you think Des might add some functionality to the Name Search
      function so we can edit the positions in Ozi?

      Laurie

    • erik.enfors@frilufts.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hi Laurie!

        Yes!, go ahead and ask him! If there are real errors in them
        there will be lots of people who will feel the urge to correct
        them. A copy of the corrected file could be stored under files
        of this user group.

        Until Des has added the feature you will have to use the
        program for the database format.

      • Laurie
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          Hi Erik

          Just got an email back from Des. He has the edit 'Name Search'
          function to his list of things to do. So that is good news. Let's
          hope he finds the time to fit this update into his heavy schedule.