New member

  • Anthony Powell
    Message 1 of 81 , May 1 1:39 AM

      Hi there,
      yes, I am a new member.
      I have a garmin III+ and use it on my Duncanson 35'. Incidentally, this is the Australian improvement on the S&S 34.
      I have found that the best way for me to callibrate charts for my use is to use the Mapsource World Map CD supplied by Garmin for around Aus$99.
      The trick is to use your print screen button and this copies the requrired chart. You paste this into Paintshop pro and get your Co-ords from the same chart in mapsource.
      I have found them to be accurate enough for record keeping of cruises.
      Has anyone else used this system?

      Tony Powell
      Vert Galant.
    • davebjames
      Message 81 of 81 , Oct 30, 2012
        Hi,

        My name is Dave I am a forester in Sarawak Malaysia and I use Ozi on my Samsung tablet and android phone. The plantation I work in is 480,000 ha comprising jungle as well as industrial tree plantations. All our company's maps are on Ozi so I use it as navigation tool and reference. I also do off road motorcycling on weekends and use it as a navigation tool.

        Dave

        Sent from Samsung tablet