RE: [OziUsers-L] Convert from PDF

  • Scheffler Hans <hscheff@sun.ac.za>
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      On 30 October 2004 12:29 in OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com
      Scott Wood wrote:

      > Found Maps of the state of Michigan that look pretty good. I would
      > like to use these with Ozi but they are all PDf's. What is the best
      > way to convert these?

      There are various ways, as posted already (the snapshot tool in Adobe
      Reader is probably the easiest).

      You could also have a look at
      http://sector7g.wurzel6.de/pdfcreator/index_en.htm
      Downloadable from source forge
      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57796

      This is a printer driver that can print to PDF but also to various
      graphics formats.

      Hans
    • merc82lynx
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
        I've done this in the past using the free utility GSview. Use the
        convert function in the File menu. I convert to PNG format so I chose
        "pngX" where X represent the number of colours.

        http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

        You'll need to calibrate the png file in Ozi by hand of course.

        -Sean