London Cycle Guide - anyone scaned and Calabrated it

  • Geoff Greig
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      G'day all.

      I have just returned for a 3 week trip to the UK and Rome. I used my
      little Geko to record tracks the entire time. Ah, with 2 exceptions.
      When traveling in Virgin Trains. They appear to have some matelic
      substance in the glass windows and ther was no way I could get a
      signal. And of course the Geko would not work in the London Tube

      We did quite a bit of walking around London. To much. I discovered on
      the last day that a great set of map has been produced for London
      Cycleing. But before I go to the trouble of scanning and calibrating
      them I thought I should ask if anyone has already done this.

      The WEB site mentioned on the map does not appear to have them available
      in a digital format.

      In 4 seperate flights I was able to successfully us the Geko. 2 with
      Qantas but only whilst in Cruse. But British Airways allowed me to use
      it from the time we were in the air until we pulled up at the
      aerobridge. As one of the Britich Airways Captains said when I asked it
      it was Ok to use it, "I dont see why not considering we use GPS
      navigation ourselves".

      Geoff Greig
      Brisbane Australia