Re: [OziUsers-L] Proximity zones and points = some issues

  • Dave Patton [DCP]
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      At 09:20 PM 2003/10/31, gavinqueensland wrote:
      > I again
      >used some valuable information from this forum and saved the points (and some
      >comments) onto the .map by using the 'check calibration' function. All was
      >fine...I
      >could load my new .map with all the included points and comments. The
      >problem was
      >when I tried to transfer the .map to OziExplorerCE. Basically, the .map
      >loaded fine, as
      >did the comments, but the points did not load at all.

      I don't use OziCE, so I'm just speculating here :-)

      Map Comments are stored within the .map file, so when you use the
      .map file on OziCE, they should display properly.

      When you use 'map calibration' to attach files to be loaded when
      the .map file is openned, Ozi stores the path to the attached file.
      Therefore, I would assume that OziCE would only be able to open
      the attached file if it were in the exact same path on the CE device
      as on the PC.

      On the other hand, in the OziCE Help, under "Map Image File Path 1 & 2"
      it says "The link to the image path contained within the .map file is
      totally ignored", so maybe the path doesn't matter.

      Or maybe OziCE doesn't support loading of attached files?

      Or maybe OziCE doesn't support Points?

      --
      Dave Patton
      Canadian Coordinator, the Degree Confluence Project
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        Thanks Dave:)

        I think you might be right about the lack of point support, as I tried to calibrate again
        and managed to get waypoints and comments to show on OziexplorerCE...but no
        points.

        On another note...those winter Olympics should be pretty sweet in 2010. I wasn't at
        first sure whether Vancouver got the summer or winter ones - not bad being able to
        host both, eh?

        Thanks again
        gav:)
      • John Tserkezis
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
          gavinqueensland wrote:

          (snip)

          > Basically, the .map loaded fine, as
          > did the comments, but the points did not load at all. I have the point file saved
          > separately so could load it onto the OziCE but can't find this function in OziCE. I was
          > hoping someone could either tell me how to:

          > 1. Check the calibration so that it saves the point data when transferred to OziCE

          OziCE doesn't support point files, or any file attaches to the map files for
          that matter.

          > 2. Suggest a way (or workaround) to load points on to OziCE

          Depends on what you need. Do you need these points to be displayed on only
          one map, or do you need them visible on any map images that cover that area?

          If you always need them visible, then waypoints are the only way. If you're
          only interested in those points on one map, then either Map Comments, or Map
          Features can tie text or symbols to a particular map image.

          > I also noticed that the Proximity Zones are displayed differently in OziCe than OziPC.
          > In OziPC, I have them set so that they use a thatched display, on OziCE however, I just
          > have a circle with a few lines going through the circle. I was wondering:
          > 3. Does anyone know how to get the thatched look happening on OziCE

          There is only one proximity indicator available for OziCE, regardless of what
          you choose when creating the waypoints.

          --
          -o)
          /\\ Message void if penguin violated