No Height Moving Map in V3.85.7.2a

  • Geoff Greig
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      G'day all,

      Went for a drive the week end and noticed when using the latest Beta
      Version 3.85.7.2a that on the Moving map Window that Altitude was
      displayed as ???. At first I thought this was because I have changed my
      Garmin 38 to the wrong NMEA format. But it was as it should be NMEA
      0183 2.0.

      Fortunally I also had a earler Beta install on the Note book and when I
      changed to that, the Altitude displayed and recorded ok without changing
      any settings.

      Before I report this as a Bug to Des, I want to check if anyone else has
      found the same thing, so that I can be sure it is not somthing I did
      wrong.

      Geoff Greig
      Brisbane Australia
    • Geoff Greig
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
        G'day all,

        Please ignore my last message.

        Looks like the problem may have been something I did because I just tries the
        same Oze version on my desktop with the GPS in Simulator mode and the
        Altitude is all ok.

        May have had somthing to do with the com port of the Notebook and reloading
        Ozi, even though it was a earlier Beta, fixed it.

        Also ther was one stage were I noticed I had 2 sessions of Ozi running on the
        Notebook. Wonder if that had somthing to do with it?

        Geoff Greig
        Brisbane Australia

      • marg@nutrition-net.com.au
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
          Hi Geoff,
          Download the latest development version and try it with the laptop.
          Version 3.85.7.3 fixed a problem with the serial port handling. (see
          history page). I had a problem on a particular laptop and upgrading
          the dev. version fixed it. Don't know now whether it was 7.2 or 7.3
          but it was around about then.

          Anyway, see how you go.
          Max
        • Alan Cichero
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
            >May have had somthing to do with the com
            >port of the Notebook and reloading
            >Ozi, even though it was a earlier Beta,
            >fixed it.
            Not sure about com port handling the NMEA sentences when they come have all the info in them, not as if its a different sentence just to send altitude!

            >Also ther was one stage were I
            noticed I >had 2 sessions of Ozi running on the
            >Notebook.  Wonder
            if that had somthing to >do with it?

            That sounds more like the problem??

            Every time I think there's a bug, nine times its a me.  Generally RTFM
            Although at the moment changeing Datum's on the fly on a loaded map and the repercussions to waypoint files as seen when displayed needs a bit more work on my behalf to see what its all about.
            :-)

            Alan

            38 29 43.1S     145 46 06.1E