      From: "Teppo" <teppo.rapo@...>
      To: <OziUsers-L@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 12:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [OziUsers-L] OziExplorer still in business?

      Have to comment about this, as I do think that this is calm before the
      storm as they say. I am a heavy user of ozi by manipulating tracks and
      maps. I'm a bit concerned about the future of Ozi, as It comes more and
      more limited, as it already has by prohibiting saving of stiched ozfx3
      for instance. So, I hold the copy of the present Ozi installation file
      to be used after Ozi becomes useless for me to use in my hobbies.
      Development used to be off-road/outdoor and mapping-enthusiast
      orientated (Thats me!) but changes looks like orientated for more
      dollars only. I would pay for annual fee instead of Ozi going into
      direction that it is heading at the moment in my oppinion. Have all the
      products and use them more or less daily.

      On 13.1.2014 4:10, David Read wrote:
      > On 1/13/2014 6:21 AM, Outback Australia wrote:
      > > Is Des Newman and OziExplorer still in business?
      > > No updates to Windows and more so Android version. The Ozi Android
      > > version is well overdue for some fixes and updates. Last update for
      > > Ozi
      > > Android was 23rd May 2013. With the bugs and issues with Ozi Android
      > > expected to see some more releases.
      > According to the "future changes" page, Des is still working on a
      > major
      > rewrite of the full Ozi.
      > Maybe there are a few snags along the way ....
      > If you want accurate info from the horse's mouth, contact the horse at
      > info@...
      > ;-)
      > Cheers
      > Dave