3The online voting form to support Kok Heng Leun as your Arts NMP candidate is now live!

  • edlynngxinhui
    May 9, 2014

      Simply fill up the online form and submit it before 12noon on Fri 16 May 2014. Do share this link with your arts colleagues, friends, and arts supporters also: http://goo.gl/5WHsqH

      This is an important opportunity for artists and practitioners from the arts and creative sectors to support a Nominated Member of Parliament (NMP) who can be a voice for the Arts in Parliament, the highest decision-making body of the nation.

      Previous Arts NMP Audrey Wong and current Arts NMP Janice Koh were selected from a range of candidate-hopefuls. This time however, theatre veteran and Artistic Director of Drama Box, Kok Heng Leun, is the only candidate who has stepped forward to take up the role, and participate in this open, democratic selection process.

      We would like to send a strong signal to Parliament that we continue to value the contributions of an Arts NMP in Parliament, and that our recommended candidate has the broad support of those from the arts, media and creative sectors.

      Please help to do this by lending your name in support of Heng Leun as your Arts NMP candidate.

      More information about Kok Heng Leun can be found here:

      http://dramabox.org/eng/about_ad.html

      Having trouble accessing the google link? You can also e-mail your support to artsnmp.sg@.... Please send in the following details:

      (a)   Your full name as it appears on your identity card (NRIC/FIN) or passport*

      (b)   Your identity card (NRIC/FIN) or passport number*

      (c)   Your organisation or occupation*

      (d)   Your mobile or email contact*

      (e)   Your words of support or testimonial for Kok Heng Leun (optional)

      Anyone can submit their name in support. This collection of signatures closes on Fri 16 May 2014, 12noon.

      PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE/ERRONEOUS ENTRIES IN THE COMPULSORY FIELDS WILL BE DISREGARDED. Any personal information collected here will strictly not be used for any publicity and promotional purposes. However, they will be submitted to Special Select Committee of Parliament as part of our collective vote of support and endorsement.

      You can find out more about the rationale and mechanics of the voting process here: http://goo.gl/i3tBeU

      To find out more about the town hall on Sat 10 May 2014, 2.30pm at 72-13, and for the latest news on the nomination and endorsement process, visit our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/artsnmpsgsecretariat