Introduction

  • outlandswanderer@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2000

      "Please take a moment to post a brief note introducing yourself to everyone else
      on the list. It doesn't have to be long -- just your name, where you're from,
      and what sorts of dances interest you."

      Greetings ;)

      I am Dierde, Gypsy, and recently moved to this beautiful kingdom (the lovely mundane town of Colorado Springs). I have not been able to be very active with the society in the past, but hope to change that now, as circumstances are MUCH more favorable. I have no experience in dance, but have always appreciated the skill and sensuality of traditional gypsy dances. Thank you for the welcome, if you don't mind, I'll lurk a bit until I learn more!

      Dierdre Sybille ... "Seeress of sorrow"
    • Jennifer-Marie or Raymond Elder
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2000
        hello All I am Edgar , a year old plaier that started here in the outlands,
        my first event was Estrella '99. Im 24 pale as a ghost, i've red hair, green
        eyes ussually hair on my chinn and a smile on me face, and some kind of
        liquid in my hands. water if the sun is shinning and something stronger if
        its not. If you see me somewhere stop me and say hello, Please ? i amost
        always can be found wearing a Kilt , regimental, FYI the brease or nothing
        at all, feel free to ask if i am , and the brave or courious by all means
        are free to check, i dont have a blue ribbon, yet . you have probly seen me
        more than once at fighterpractice if you are in al-Barron cause that is
        where i happen to lay my head. now for why i am here. Well first and
        foremost i drum, and i love to drum, give me a horn of mead or a flagon of
        ale and im good from dusk until about 3 hours past midnight, and seccondly i
        like to watch the dancers dance. i can ususally be found where ever there
        is drumming or at Kegs End or with the Crimson hord. depending on the size
        of the event. but you will allways find me near the drumms.
        I look foward to reading this list and meeting many of you readers.

        for the Honor of their Excentlies Kragon and Sara and the Glory of the
        Outlands,

        Edgar MacGreggor
        (ray elder)
        maryreibel@...
        8512 Princess Jeannne
        Alb 87112
      • wolfldy22@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
          Greetings,
          My name is Aine O'Murchadha mka Anna Smith.  I am from the Shire of Aarquelle in the Outlands.  I am fairly new to the SCA and don't have any favorite dancing style yet, but want to learn about them and make an educated decision.  I can't contribute a whole lot, but really want to learn.  Anyways, Thanks for listening.  In service to the Dream.

          Yours in Service,
          Anna Smith/Aine O'Murchadha
        • Morris Schaefer
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2003
            Welcome m'lady,

            Glad to hear you like to dance, and welcome to the SCA. I would suggest you
            attend some of the larger holiday events if possible, I know there will be
            court dancing at al-Barran's Midwinter celebration next weekend. Also, if
            you get to Estrella this year, they usually have lots of dancing in the A&S
            teaching area. Some of us will be at both events, hope to see you there.
            Even our local Yule revel held tonight was to have dancing but the flu has
            kept me home for the past 3 days, including the party tonight, hence I am
            reading your message. So, there are lots of dancers out there, can anyone
            for the eastern part of the kingdom add more?

            Lord Sean MacLoed of Skye
            Rio de las Animas

            >From: wolfldy22@...
            >To: OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [OutlandsDance] Introduction
            >Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 22:36:04 EST
            >
            >Greetings,
            >My name is Aine O'Murchadha mka Anna Smith. I am from the Shire of
            >Aarquelle
            >in the Outlands. I am fairly new to the SCA and don't have any favorite
            >dancing style yet, but want to learn about them and make an educated
            >decision. I
            >can't contribute a whole lot, but really want to learn. Anyways, Thanks
            >for
            >listening. In service to the Dream.
            >
            >Yours in Service,
            >Anna Smith/Aine O'Murchadha

            Don�t worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays.
            Get MSN Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
          • Annabelle
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2006
              Hello
              I'm Annabelle (anabel or anala in the SCA) I will officially be an
              Outlander on Saturday, I'm relocating from Philadelphia (Bhakail). I'm
              interested in dancing but I don't really get to do much since most
              times at events Im in the kitchen. But I'm looking forward to attending
              events and hopefully quickly picking up some steps so I can participate
              in between stirring a pot or 2.