intro

  • Mary Morman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 1999
      I am Elaina and I'm doing this because my lord is a dance master (and
      dance laurel) and being close to all that for the last twenty years has
      contaminated my otherwise dance-free existence.

      I attended my first dance class with Master Kay Delafleur in Atlantia in
      1979 or 1980. After that it was once a week whether you need it or not
      for most of the next ten years or so in Atlantia, and then every wednesday
      night in Dragonsspine for the last seven years or so.

      I enjoy English Country most. I no longer do the Tangle Bransle, and
      don't care for the Maltese. I'm competent at a few basse dances, and
      would like to learn more.

      I'm a dance nazi in some ways and really resent seeing totally non-period
      dances done with the implication that they are period. folk dancing is
      fun - as folk dancing! waltzing ditto. they have no place in the sca.

      Middle Eastern dance (beledi is term created in the Outlands as far as I
      can see...) should be done in the harem, and no where else. Women who do
      Middle Eastern dance in public are obviously prostitutes.

      Opinionated? How can you say so!

      Elaina
      Dragonsspine
    • McClune, Sheila