looking for period dance pictures

  • Krege, Barbara B
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Greetings to all dancers on this list.

      I have been wanting to find for some time a picture that I remembered of an adult male and female dancer standing (dancing) side by side.  I don't think that there was any background to this picture at all and I don't need a picture with a background.

      I am not an expert on period garb, but it seems they are dressed in French garb.  I think the man had short pants with hose (but that might be my poor memory).  And it could have been a picture of two Italian or even Elizabethan dancers.

      What I need is a picture of a male and female dancer.  My persona is Italian Ren and that would be my prefered garb for the dancers in the picture.

      Part of me thinks it was the cover (or illustration in) for a Caruso book or something like that.

      I once had a file of dance pictures, but have lost that too.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your help

      THL Jayne Barber
      Court Dance Instructor, Barony of al-Barran, Outlands