ct dance, m.e. dance, singing, All-Thing - 7/19

  • Krege, Barbara B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 10:29 AM
      Greetings to all al-Barran Court Dancers, Singers, Middle Eastern Dancers and Drummers,

      The arts are alive and well in al-Barran!

      Be prepared for court dancing at Mid-Winter and other upcoming al-Barran events, by attending court dance practices on Sundays at fighter practice park.  There will be court dancing at fighter practice this Sunday, 7/19 from 2-4pm, taught by Lady Beibhinn, who has also been the Blaiddwyn (UNM) Court Dance and Middle Eastern Dance Instructor for over a year.

      Fighter practice is at Baatan Park, on the NW corner of Lomas and Candelaria.   All youth ages 7 and up are welcome at our court dance practices.

      There will also be period singing practice this Sunday with Lady Anita, from 11-12:30pm.  Also Lady Veela has been having Middle Eastern dancing and drumming opportunities most Sundays at the park.

      I have been traveling a lot to other events.   Lady Beibhinn, THLady Althea, Lady Melody, Lady Veela, Desarae and Amy have agreed to start teaching court dancing on Sundays.  We are going to try to have court dancing most Sundays, at a time to be determined, but around 2-4pm each Sunday.  We are extending our court dance practice time to later on Sunday to accommodate all heavy and light weapons fighters, who might want to dance.

      Also this Sunday, there is an All-Thing, which is a populace meeting with our new Baron and Baroness at the park, 1-2pm, which we hope you can attend.

      We will be posting future court dance practice times and dates to the al-Barran and alBarranMusic_Dance lists.  You can join the alBarranMusic_Dance List at:  http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/alBarranMusic_Dance/

      Jayne Barber