Court Dance List--type, source, year

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2008
      Court Dance List--type, source, year

      Greetings to all Court dancers in the Outlands from Jayne Barber, al-Barran

      The Calontir Dance List recently added two files regarding their upcoming Crystal Ball, which I am attaching.

      The two files require Excel and Microsoft Word to open.

      I highly recommend the Excel document, as it is an excellent resource listing the type of dance (bransle, pavanne, English Country, etc.) for each dance, the source for each dance (Arbeau, Playford, SCA, etc.), the year or century each dance was published, the number of dancers required to do the dance, the setup for the dance (line, circle, square, etc.) and the level of difficulty (easy, intermediate, advance).  There are 66 dances on the excel document.

      The word document is simply the tentative ball list--from which the excel document was created.

      If someone is teaching and/or leading court dancing in your local group, please send me their contact information.

      Enjoy and happy dancing.

      Jayne