FW: Estrella War Known World Choir info

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      FW: Estrella War Known World Choir info

      I wanted to share this with other Artisans who are going to Estrella War.

      I participated in this choir and it's choir practices at Estrella War a couple of years ago.

      It was a lovely experience, which I very much recommend.

      Lady Jayne Barber

      --- In al-Barran@yahoogroups.com, "mattkatie2"
      <mattkatie2@...> wrote:

      Known World Choir Estrella 2008
      Posted by: "Donald F. Harrington" lazarus@...
      Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm (PST)

      I've put up the music files for Estrella 2008 KWC. They may be
      found under
      the files section of KWChoir, the Yahoo Known World Choir
      group, or on my
      own website at

      If you have trouble with the URL, just go to
      www.donharrington.net, choose
      the Known World Choir menu and the Estrella 2008 menu item.

      A lot of good tunes, fun to sing, many you already know. What are
      waiting for - just join us at Estrella and enjoy the music!

      April is in My Mistress' Face
      Thomas Morley (1558-1603)
      No concert is complete without Morley. April is in my mistress
      but in her heart... English.

      Ahi, che quest' occhi miei
      G.P. da Palestrina (1525-1594)
      Wait, no concert is complete without Palestrina. I mean Morley. I
      both. Italian.

      The Agincourt Carol
      Anonymous - The best known of many songs written soon after
      the famous
      Battle of Agincourt in 1415. English.

      Ce Moys de May
      Clement Janequin (ca. 1485--1558)
      A fun tune about green dresses, skipping, kissing and other
      activities. Reprised from last year by popular demand. French.

      Anonymous - 15th century. Some rhythmic adjustments and a
      ending. Polyglot French.

      Follow Me, Sweet Love and Soul's Delight
      Michael East (1580-1648)
      One of the great passive-aggressive love songs. English.

      Now I See Thy Looks Were Feigned
      Thomas Ford (1580-1648)
      A cautionary madrigal that might be at home in Nashville.

      Pastime with Good Company
      Henry VIII (1491-1547)
      It's good to be the King. English.

      Springtime Mantleth Ev'ry Bough
      Thomas Morley (1558-1603)
      More Morley. You can't have too much Morley. Birds and beasts
      are of
      consort on that. English.

      Toss The Pot
      Thomas Ravenscroft (1592-1633)
      Just a fun drinking song. English.

      Rehearsals are scheduled Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and
      Saturday, all from
      noon till 2:00 PM, all at the Grand Pavilion (except for the
      rehearsal on
      Saturday - location will be announced at the War).

      Sunday Performance 2:00 at the Grand Pavilion. No clean-up or
      just a good big venue for us.

      Performers will be expected to attend at least two rehearsals to
      be in the
      final performance. We've spread them all over the schedule to
      make it as
      easy as possible for you to fit them in with all your other Estrella
      Visit www.estrellawar.org for more information about locations,
      times and
      other fun events.

      Don Harrington