old dance cds

  • Anora Marchaunt (Christa )
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11 2:33 AM
      I use to have the music CD that was sold at dance colligium (I know I
      spelled that wrong)a few years back and lent it out to someone who
      never returned it :( So now I'm trying to replace all the standard
      music for the dances we love doing here..... Does anyone have a copy of
      that CD (or any other dance music) I could borrow or that could burn me
      a copy or has some of the songs as MP3s I could download... I'm
      teaching some of the dances to an acting troupe next month so I'm in a
      pinch
      thanks so much
      Anora
    • smcclune@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 8:57 AM
        Anora,

        A lot of SCA dance music can be downloaded here:

        http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Music/search.cgi?s=&MP3s=List+all+MP3s

        One caveat: MOST of these are free for non-profit use, but a couple of them (the "Joy and Jealosy" tracks, for one, if I remember correctly) request that royalties be paid. PLEASE make sure to read and follow the rules for use -- I don't want anybody to get in trouble!

        If you can afford to spend a little money, I highly recommend the "Musica Subterranea" CDs.

        http://www.musicasub.org/

        You can also come talk to me or Guillaume at an event, and we can give you other recommendations. :)