Re: Outlands court dancing --Annabelle's Introduction

  • Annabelle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2006
      Thank you so much for the information Lady Jayne. I will be settling
      in the Lone Tree/Littleton area about 25 or 30 minutes from downtown
      Denver. I will also be off line starting at 5pm tonight since the
      dog and I will be packed up and ready to start our drive from
      Philadelphia to Colorado we are hoping to be official Outlands
      dwellers on Saturday, Friday if we don't run into traffic. I am
      really looking forward to my move out and learning to dance better.
      annabelle

      --- In OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Krege" <krege@...>
      wrote:

      > Welcome Annabelle to the Outlands!
      >
      > I am delighted that you have an interest in dancing.
      >
      > Where will you be living?
      >
      > There are some wonderful court dancing opportunities in the
      Outlands.

      > In al-Barran (Albuquerque, NM) -- I am Lady Jayne Barber and I
      have been teach court dancing twice a month for the last 8 1/2 years
      in al-Barran. Lady Dovey, Lord Canus, and Lady Melody also teach
      court dancing with me at our court dance practice twice a month on
      Sundays at fighter practice. Then twice a month on Monday evenings
      at the college, UNM, Lady Dovey teaches court dancing. We are
      blessed.

      > There are wonderful and very knowledgable court dance instructors,
      who are also my mentors and dear friends, THLord Guillaume and
      Mistress Arwen, who teach and lead court dancing in Caerthe (Denver,
      Colorado)
      > Master Alwyn leads dancing in Dragonsspine (Colorado Springs,
      Colorado).
      > Cumarra (spelling and title?) I was told this weekend, runs court
      dancing in Caer Galen (Boulder County, Colorado)
      > Lady Aine is the main person to talk to about court dancing in
      Citadel (El Paso, Texas)
      > There are a few others also in the Kingdom and we are helping to
      spread and mentor others in court dancing.
      > There is interest in having court dancing in Drygestan (Santa Fe,
      NM) and Fontaine (Farmington, NM)

      > If someone on this list, knows of other court dance instructors or
      those who lead dancing at events, please share this information with
      us.

      > So welcome to the Outlands and to our court dance discussion list.
      You are also welcome to join the al-Barran Musicians and Court Dance
      list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alBarranMusic_Dance/ We
      post our al-Barran dance and musicians practices on this list, as
      well as other valuable resources that we find from time to time. Our
      Musicians group, Scorpion Scales, was formed initially to provide
      live court dancing music at events.

      > Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or
      need anything. My email address is krege@... and my home phone #
      is 505-293-7453. I may be off-line starting May 23 till about the
      end of June--except, sporadically to check my emails. I don't have a
      computer at home till the end of June and it depends if I get a
      summer school job--so I might not be able to respond to any emails
      right away.

      > Yours in service,
      > Lady Jayne Barber
      >
      > **************************

      I'm
      > interested in dancing but I don't really get to do much since most
      > times at events Im in the kitchen. But I'm looking forward to
      attending
      > events and hopefully quickly picking up some steps so I can
      participate
      > in between stirring a pot or 2.
      >

      > Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. --
      Dave Barry

      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2006
        Dear Annabelle,

        Then you are so lucky! You will be near court dancing with Arwen & Guilluame in Denver, Master Alwyn (about 1 hour south) and Cumarra (less than 1 hour north). I hope you have a very safe drive.

        YIS, Jayne (aka Lady Barbara)