Outlands court dancing --Annabelle's Introduction

    Message 1 of 3 , May 16 5:59 AM
      Welcome Annabelle to the Outlands!

      I am delighted that you have an interest in dancing.

      Where will you be living?

      There are some wonderful court dancing opportunities in the Outlands.

      In al-Barran (Albuquerque, NM) -- I am Lady Jayne Barber and I have been teach court dancing twice a month for the last 8 1/2 years in al-Barran. Lady Dovey, Lord Canus, and Lady Melody also teach court dancing with me at our court dance practice twice a month on Sundays at fighter practice. Then twice a month on Monday evenings at the college, UNM, Lady Dovey teaches court dancing. We are blessed.

      There are wonderful and very knowledgable court dance instructors, who are also my mentors and dear friends, THLord Guillaume and Mistress Arwen, who teach and lead court dancing in Caerthe (Denver, Colorado)
      Master Alwyn leads dancing in Dragonsspine (Colorado Springs, Colorado).
      Cumarra (spelling and title?) I was told this weekend, runs court dancing in Caer Galen (Boulder County, Colorado)
      Lady Aine is the main person to talk to about court dancing in Citadel (El Paso, Texas)
      There are a few others also in the Kingdom and we are helping to spread and mentor others in court dancing.
      There is interest in having court dancing in Drygestan (Santa Fe, NM) and Fontaine (Farmington, NM)

      If someone on this list, knows of other court dance instructors or those who lead dancing at events, please share this information with us.

      So welcome to the Outlands and to our court dance discussion list. You are also welcome to join the al-Barran Musicians and Court Dance list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alBarranMusic_Dance/ We post our al-Barran dance and musicians practices on this list, as well as other valuable resources that we find from time to time. Our Musicians group, Scorpion Scales, was formed initially to provide live court dancing music at events.

      Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need anything. My email address is krege@... and my home phone # is 505-293-7453. I may be off-line starting May 23 till about the end of June--except, sporadically to check my emails. I don't have a computer at home till the end of June and it depends if I get a summer school job--so I might not be able to respond to any emails right away.

      Yours in service,
      Lady Jayne Barber

      **************************

      Message 2 of 3 , May 16 6:13 AM
        Thank you so much for the information Lady Jayne. I will be settling
        in the Lone Tree/Littleton area about 25 or 30 minutes from downtown
        Denver. I will also be off line starting at 5pm tonight since the
        dog and I will be packed up and ready to start our drive from
        Philadelphia to Colorado we are hoping to be official Outlands
        dwellers on Saturday, Friday if we don't run into traffic. I am
        really looking forward to my move out and learning to dance better.
        annabelle

        --- In OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Krege" <krege@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , May 16 6:17 AM
          Dear Annabelle,

          Then you are so lucky! You will be near court dancing with Arwen & Guilluame in Denver, Master Alwyn (about 1 hour south) and Cumarra (less than 1 hour north). I hope you have a very safe drive.

          YIS, Jayne (aka Lady Barbara)