Re: Hi (from Stephanie, Nahrun)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      Re: Hi (from Stephanie, Nahrun)

      ----Original Message-----
      From: OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com on behalf of lady_alanna5718
      Sent: Tue 8/30/2005 6:09 PM
      To: OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [OutlandsDance] Hi

      Hi I'm Stephanie I'm in the Nahrun shire and I am interested in Irish
      and English Medieval dance ^-^

      ---------------------------------------

      Greetings Stephanie and welcome to the OutlandsDance discussion list!

      I am Lady Jayne Barber (formerly known as Lady Barbara) of the barony of al-Barran (Albuquerque).  I am also the Southern Deputy for A&S in the Outlands and have been teaching court dancing in al-Barran on a twice a month basis for eight years.

      I don't know currently of any dance instructor in Nahrun (Las Cruces.)  I gave to Her Excellency Constance of the Citadel -- a year or two ago, a court dance instruction booklet and a set of 3 dance music cds that I created for spreading court dancing in the Outlands -- at an event, where there was no one from Nahrun and she said that she would see to it that  Nahrun got them.   You might want to check with the current A&S Minister of Nahrun, who is Siobhannah and see if she knows who has this dance instruction booklet and set of cds.  I would really appreciate it, if you would  let me know by email who got them.

      I don't think there is any documented pre-1600 Irish dances, but there are English dances documented starting just before 1600 and later.  Most English dances danced in the SCA are Playford dances, and his first book was published in 165l--but most SCA groups dance Playford dances, including from his 2nd dance volume.

      There are also several excellent dance websites that I can also direct you to, but I have run out of time for this email (I have a meeting to go to)--so please let me know specifically how I can help you.  I think there are some dance classes in the Citadel--check with their A&S minister, Lady Aine inghean.  I am also autocrating an A&S collegium in al-Barran, on Saturday 11/19, and there will be several court dance classes, as well as a court dance ball that evening.  If you are interested in teaching court dancing in Nahrun, I will help you any way I can.

      Yours in service,
      Lady Jayne Barber
      al-Barran
      krege@...