Call for Papers--Letter of Dance Issue 50

  • Letter of Dance
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      Feel like making a contribution to the greater dance
      community?

      If so, please considerer submitting an article,
      letter, or review to the Letter of Dance.

      I'm particularly interested in the following material:

      * Teaching tips, articles on teaching dance, letters
      to the editor, or modified class handouts that
      document how *you* teach for the second of two
      "teaching dance" theme issues to be published in
      January.

      * Amusing jokes, top ten lists, joke articles, or
      other spoofs for our annual April Fools issue.

      * New reconstructions or new interpretations of
      familiar dances.

      * Groups of articles that might become their own
      "theme issue" (Grab your friends and brainstorm--I'm
      open to pretty much anything here).

      * Reviews of the new dance cds and dance related books
      that have been published in the past year (especially
      Santucci, Payne's _Alman in Britain_, Brooks' _The Art
      of Dancing in 17th century Spain_, and Nevile's _The
      Eloquent Body_.)

      * Event reports or critiques describing new and
      interesting dance events

      * How-to articles describing how to do a specific
      dance-related activity (how to cultivate new teachers,
      how to run a ball, how to start a local practice, how
      to dance Arbeau's courante, how to reconstruct dances,
      how to dance like a nobleman, etc.)

      * Historical articles on a particular subject (Morris
      dancing in period, Masques).

      * Anything else you can dream up!

      I'm particularly interested in receiving material from
      first time contributors.

      For more information, please contact me off list at
      letterofdance@....

      As always, back issues and books are still available.
      Contact me for more information, or visit the LoD
      website at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod.

      Yours in Service,
      Katherine Mercer
      Editor, the Letter of Dance