Fwd: Announcing the Book of Dance V!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Forwarded from the SCA dance list:

      -------- Original Message --------
      Dear Friends,

      It is my great pleasure to announce (at long last!) the publication of The Book
      of Dance, vol. 5. This volume contains articles, reviews, reconstructions,
      choreographies, and parodies from issues 33-40 of The Letter of Dance, an
      newsletter created by and for the SCA Dance Community. Subjects for this volume
      include a lively discussion music theory as it relates to reels, period middle
      eastern dance, several articles on the Gresley Manuscript, reconstructions of La
      Volta, a new ECD choreography, a choreography for a canario, as well as some
      excellent reviews of books and cds.

      Copies are available for purchase at Cafe Press for $15 plus shipping. The
      website is: http://www.cafepress.com/letterofdance. Moving to cafe press (which
      does print-on-demand) has helped keep production costs low while providing the
      dance community with a beautifully produced product that will never go out of
      print because I don't have the time or capital to have dozens of reprints made.
      I hope in future to add additional merchandise with a dance theme if there is
      interest, thoughts, comments, etc. are most welcome. All minimal proceeds go
      directly back into the Letter of Dance coffers to offset the cost of publication
      of the newsletter.

      In addition to the new book, I still have copies of Book II ($9) and Book IV
      ($15) available directly from me. And, of course, subscriptions to the Letter
      are always available--$12 to US addresses will get you 8 issues (about 2
      years). Please contact me at letterofdance@... for more information.

      TWO SPECIAL OFFERS: Pre-order your copy of Book V now for delivery at Pennsic
      and save on shipping costs! Or, order copies of Book II or Book IV now for
      delivery at Pennsic and save $1 each. Contact me at letterofdance@....

      In Service,
      Katherine Mercer
      Editor, The Letter of Dance

      **Please forward this message to any local dance lists and any other lists that
      may be appropriate, such as Kingdom lists**