Re: Lillies Ball - Musicians

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
      > In regards to instruments, are non-period, aucosic
      > instruments
      > acceptable? I have been playing much of the music
      > below with a group
      > here in al-Barran (Albuquerque, NM)on a clarinet...I
      > transcribe the
      > music as the clarinet is not in the key of C, but
      > Bb.
      >
      > In Service,
      > Lyneya del Filde
      > Scorpion Scales

      I'm not in charge of the musicians this year, but it's
      ok with me :-) I, myself, play a plastic baroque
      recorder, usually see-through green (it's my newest
      one) so authenticity very important to me (joke!)

      Seriously, it is having the live dance music that is
      important, not the exact method of production. Bring
      battery lights if you've got 'em, we play by "torch"
      light.

      I put up the Noteworthy Composer files to make it
      easier for those who have the program and need to
      transpose music to do so. I can do it for you if you
      need me to. I've always played "C" instruments
      though, you might remind me of where to move them to
      (if the first note is "C", make it "Bflat", right?
      Just move each line down 2 half steps?)

      katriana
      hasn't played since Crystall Ball 2003

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/