Re: [OutlandsDance]dance on the east coast?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2004

      > Julee' Merrill Csuri wrote:
      >
      > [Atenveldt's Kingdom A&S]
      >
      > BUT, I live in NJ. Is there anything like this along the east coast?

      All kinds of stuff. Which end of NJ are you on? I do have a few web pages
      bookmarked for the East coast, but none for NJ. I know there are regular
      workshops in Hartford, CT., and Phili has an active dance community (or used
      to). Carolingia (Boston, MA) is the Mecca of period dance, if that isn't too
      far. Since the Outlands is in the Rocky Mountains, most of us won't be too up
      on what's happening in NJ. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the SCA in
      NJ, but I know people who know people.

      New Jersey in in the East Kingdom, so you might look through their web page at
      http://www.eastkingdom.org (you will probably have to go to the local group
      pages to find out about local practices, however).

      If you can wait a few months - and cross PA, then you have access to over
      1000 hours of A & S classes at Pennsic this August. There will be several days
      of dance classes, too, with balls pretty much every night of the second week
      (mostly in the dance floor tent).

      Keith / Guillaume S:}>

      P.S. I turned up an A & S event 4/17 in Riverton, NJ with a quick web search.
      Checking their web page (http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/) - they are
      holding a ball tonight! Their regular dance practice is on 1st Tuesdays.

      PPS. The Barony of Carolingia is holding an "Epic Masked Ball" Sunday afternon
      4/18 ("Costumes and masks are highly encouraged but not required," although I
      assume that the usual SCA costumes are required). Dance classes are
      specifically listed in the Carolingian event announcement, and there is no site
      fee. The site is accessible via commmuter rail (don't know if that helps).