Entertainers and Bardic performers wanted for Heralds & Scribes Ball, 3/27, 7-11pm

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2004
      Please come and entertain us at the Heralds & Scribes Ball, this Saturday, 3/27, 7-11pm.  We are looking for performers to entertain between the dance sets, and those wishing to sing and perform during the bardic that will follow the end of the dancing at the ball.

      Please email me tonight (Tuesday, 3/23) or before 9am Wednesday 3/24, or call me at 505-293-7453, or see me Saturday at the H&S symposium or at the Ball.  I will be wearing a red velvet dress and hat.

      This court dance ball is a free event and details are given in the event announcement below.

      Yours in service to the dream,
      Lady Barbara
      co-Autocrat, Heralds & Scribes Court Dance Ball

      Heralds & Scribes Court Dance Ball
      College of Blaiddwyn
      Student Union Building, Ballroom C, University of New Mexico
      Saturday, March 27, XXXVIII (2004)
      Site opens at 7 PM and closes at 11PM
      No site fee and the site is dry

      Come Heralds and Scribes, come one and all, to the Heralds and Scribes Court Dance Ball!  The college of Blaiddwyn is sponsoring this free ball.  There will be lots of dancing to the beautiful music by the musicians of Scorpion Scales and a Bardic to end the evening.  We will have entertainment to delight you and tables for playing board games and to sit around visiting with friends.   Please bring your banners, heraldic art, and scrolls to display and wear your heraldic garb.  We invite new heralds to participate in heralding the dances and the entertainment.  If you would like to entertain at this ball,  before the ball begins and between the dance sets, or if you wish to herald  at the ball, please contact Lady Barbara.  We are delighted  that Mistress Arwen Southernwood and THL Guillaume de Gonzac, the Dance Mistress and Dance Master of Caerthe and Master Alwen, the Dance Master  of Dragonsspine, will be among those leading the dancing at this ball.  The College of Blaiddwyn, Scorpion Scales, and the al-Barran Court Dancers look forward to your joining us and making merry.  For more information, go to the Heralds & Scribes Court Dance Ball website, www.unm.edu/~mariasol/h&s/ball.html.   Co-autocrats: Lady Barbara (Barbara Krege), krege@..., 505-293-7453 and Lord Gauvain Eisenbein (Jeff King), gauvain_eisenbein@...,  385-4110.

      Directions:  Take I-25 south past the Big I to the Central Street exit, #224.  Turn left onto Central and go about one mile to the light at Stanford Drive.  Turn left onto the UNM campus and go to the stop sign at Redondo Road.  The Student Union Building (SUB) is behind (to the north of ) Popejoy Hall, just to your left.   For a map of the UNM campus, go to www.unm.edu/campusmap.pdf