Known World Costume and Rapier

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2003

      I am the dance coordinator for KWCS / KWAR. These events share an
      impressive track of dance classes that I think all dancers should check out.

      The following tells you more about the event. Pass the word to your
      friends:

      Ladies and Gentlemen, we beg your indulgence. As there is less than 30 days
      left to pre-register for THE Known World event of the year, we are coming to
      you on this and in days hence to insure that all who will are enticed into
      attending this "don't miss" weekend. We present for your amusement and
      edification:

      Known World Academy of the Rapier - Known World Costuming Symposium III
      October 17-19, 2003
      Barony of Caerthe, Kingdom of the Outlands (Denver, Colorado)

      Some quick facts:
      18 merchants in our huge merchant room.
      175+ class hours – You'll never be bored.
      Enjoy classes on Fencing, Costuming, Dance and a track of joint interest
      classes.
      Indoor and outdoor fencing space
      Costuming displays
      The famous "Walk Through History"
      Legerdemain Roundtable
      Masked Ball with period gaming (no risk to your wallet)
      Hotel rooms at $59 a night (code SCASCAA)
      Raffles throughout the weekend.
      Hospitality Suite

      Schedule (subject to change)

      Friday night:
      Registration opens at 4pm.
      Known World Social – Hosted by Medieval Properties Inc. 7pm
      Join new and old friends from around the Known World for a little get
      together. Enjoy finger foods and our own private cash bar.

      Saturday:
      Registration opens at 7am and closes at 10 pm.
      Merchant room opens at 8 am and closes at midnight.
      Classes begin at 10 am. (see event web site for class schedule)

      Featured speakers:
      Robin Netherton will present When Medieval Meets Victorian: the roots
      of Modern Costume Sources
      Tawny Sherrill will be presenting Cesare Vecellio's Costume Book and
      then Myth of Venice
      Don Tivar Moondragon will be presenting The History of Rapier
      Fighting in the SCA

      Evening Feast (final menu available on the event site after Oct 1st) – 6:30 pm
      Masked Ball – The Come-As-You-Aren't Ball - 8:00 pm
      The Dicing Dragon – Period gaming
      Dancing, dancing and more dancing!

      Other events scheduled for Saturday:
      Pelican ceremony for Her Excellency Doña Countess Aindrea MacCullaich
      Ceremony to invest the Barony of Caerthe's new Vicars.

      Sunday:
      Merchant room opens at 9 am and closes at 3 pm
      Classes begin at 9 am

      Confirmed Merchants:
      Darkridge Jewelers
      Jewels by von Roessler
      Calontir Trim
      Poison Pen Press
      The Spanish Peacock
      Dark River Caravan
      Darkwood Armory
      Funny Farm
      Urusala's Alcove
      All things Sharp
      Pastiche Inc.
      Canyon Keep Enterprises
      Castle Furnishings
      The Merlion's Tail / Sewing Central
      The Silk Robe
      Realms of Regalia
      Denver's own Wizard's Chest (selling masks for the ball)

      Event Details:

      Site: Denver Renaissance Hotel - I-70 and Quebec (maps on the web site)

      Hotel shuttles are available from Denver International Airport.

      Event fees:
      Site: Adults: $25 for two days Kids: 5 to 12 $12.50 for two days
      Under 4: Free
      (The feast is sold out. There is a restaurant on site plus numerous eateries
      across the street at Quebec Center.)
      Note: The Masked Ball and Feast are separate events. Even if you don't attend
      the feast, please come to the ball.

      Full event details are available on the event web site:
      www.caerthe.org/knownworld

      Join the KWcs-ar list for up-to-date information -
      KWcs-ar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      KWAR Autocrat: The Honorable Lady Rivka Vladimirovna Rivkina
      rivka@...

      KWCS Autocrat: Despôtissa Eirene Tzimiskina Kontostephanina
      eirenetz@...

      [Reposted by Keith / Guillaume]