Court Dance practice dates, Nov. 1st ball and collegium

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2003
      Please forward this to your friends who are interested in court dancing in al-Barran (Albuquerque, NM)

      The court dance practice dates and locations for September & October have been set:

      Sunday, Sept. 7, 12:30-2:30 pm, at the UNM duck pond (located next to the UNM library on the Univ.of N.M. campus.  Take Lomas to the light between Girard and University (which I believe is Yale).  Turn south onto that street till it deadends at the campus.  At that point the UNM library is the large, multi-storied building to your immediate left in front of you, and the duck pond is just to the west of that (to your immediate right, in front of you).  The Pack games is a Blaidwyn college event, with games, tourneys, etc. so wear a period outfit/garb.  The Pack games start earlier than 12:30pm.

      Sunday, Sept. 14, 12:30-2:30 pm, at our "old"  fighter practice park, Jeanne Bellamah Park, 2 blocks south of Constitution, and 2 blocks west of Juan Tabo.  (Note:  fighter practice is moving Sept. 28th, "permanently" to a new location)

      Sunday, October 5, 12:30-2:30 pm, at out "new permanent" fighter practice location--Battan Park, just west of Carlisle on the north side of Lomas (next to Walgreens.)   Note:  this is also an SCA event, "Esperanza" , so I would suggest that you wear garb if you have it.  There will be lots of activities, tournaments, etc.

      Sunday, October 26, 12:30-2:30 pm at Battan Park.  (All future court dance practices will be held at Battan Park)

      Saturday, November 1st, The al-Barran Court Dancers  are putting on a collegium and ball,  "The al-Barranian Court Dancing & Musicians Collegium and Ball"  There will be court dance lessons (two concurrent dance lesson tracks, beginning and internmediate, from 10 am to 5pm, with a break for lunch on your own.) and a musicians collegium, 1-5pm.  For those wishing to teach court dancing or start a court dance musicians group in their shire, canton, college or Barony, we will have court dance intstructions, tapes of dance music, and court dance sheet music for the same dances available for free.  We will have a potluck feast, 5:15-6:15pm, and then a court dance ball with live music (and some canned) from 6:30pm to 9:30pm (or later).  The location is St. Mary's Episcopal Church, 1500 Chelwood Park Blvd. NE (Chelwood is the major north-south street between Juan Tabo and Tramway, and the church is just north of Constitution.   I will send further details soon.  You can also go to the al-Barran website and there is a link to this event.

      (Court Dancers) we are working on the "sword" dance, and some other performance dances, so I hope you can make it to all of the court dance  practices.  If you need garb or have any other questions, please call me at 293-7453, or email me at krege@...

      Yours in service to the dream,

      Lady Barbara, al-Barran
      (Barbara Krege)