I am looking for the sheet music to several dances--please help. Thank you, Lady Barbara, al-Barran, Outlands

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003
      I am looking for the (sheet music) to the following dances:

      1) Well Hall (it is a waltz tune for the dance Well Hall)
      2) Maltese Bransle (Companions of St. Cecilia)
      3) Angus Reel (Haste to the Wedding )
      4) We use Woodicock for Werligig (Woodicock)
      5) Trenchmore (I would like to find the music, Red House Reel )
      6) Upon a Summer's Day
      7) Black Nag

      Also, there is a dance we got from Caerthe (Denver, Colorado)
      titled Espanoylet (I don't know the name of the music used)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003

        > I am looking for the (sheet music) to the following dances:
        >
        > 1) Well Hall (it is a waltz tune for the dance Well Hall)

        I don't know this one. If it's Playford, the melody line is in the book. If
        it's a waltz, though, it won't be (the waltz didn't exist that far back).

        > 2) Maltese Bransle (Companions of St. Cecilia)

        Properly titled "Turkish" branle, this is an SCA invention by Mistress Signy
        Dimmridaela (Northshield). The music she used is titled Schiarazula Marazula,
        which is from a period (or near period) source, but I don't remember which.
        Could be Susato. Could be Praetorious. Could be somebody else.

        This is probably in M. Avatar's music book (as will some of the others).

        > 3) Angus Reel (Haste to the Wedding )

        I don't know this one. It's probably 18th century, and may be available from
        modern folk dance sources.

        > 4) We use Woodicock for Werligig (Woodicock)
        > 5) Trenchmore (I would like to find the music, Red House Reel )
        > 6) Upon a Summer's Day
        > 7) Black Nag

        Again, Playford tunes are in the book, but I don't know where to find
        arrangements. Trenchmore is not 1st edition (I think it's 2nd edition), Upon A
        Summer's Day is *the first* Playford dance, and Black Nag is 3rd edition. I'm
        pretty sure Black Nag is available on line, but I don't know where (I'm not the
        local music collector).

        > Also, there is a dance we got from Caerthe (Denver, Colorado)
        > titled Espanoylet (I don't know the name of the music used)

        I learned the dance 25 years ago, when it was only known in Caerthe. As it was
        told to me, the music came from an LP (that's an old fashioned vinyl record, to
        you kids out there) that included instructions for the dance. The person that
        introduced the dance hasn't played in years, but if I dig around, I may be able
        to track down some more details, at least.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003
          Try the SCA Dance Database Search Engine at http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Music/

          Many of your dances are there (although I did not see Well Hall).

          K / G S:}>