Re: [OutlandsDance] General call for musicians!

  • Morris Schaefer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1 9:50 PM
      Hello,

      I'm having no luck opening the page linked in the letter below, is anyone
      else having trouble or is there a different approach I can use to get your
      music list?
      Sean

      >)
      >
      >--- Lady Lin Shiao Mei <shiao_mei@...> wrote:
      > > I have compiled a sheet music book which can be
      > > downloaded as a .pdf file
      > > at:
      > > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shiao_mei/crtdance.pdf
      > > - please print
      > > this and bring it with you to this meeting.
      >
      >Let me know how the Quen Quer Que sounds. A group in
      >Three Rivers (St Louis, MO) tried it and said is
      >sounded more oriental than they thought a cantiga
      >should.
      >
      >On the plus side, they liked the combination of a
      >simplified melody with Lady Phaedria's bottom lines on
      >Korobushka (wait, the out of period tune I got right,
      >the in period...maybe it's not on the plus side after
      >all :-) )
      >
      >katriana

      >Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
      >http://calendar.yahoo.com

    • Eric Schwartz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2 1:35 PM
        > I'm having no luck opening the page linked in the letter below, is
        > anyone else having trouble or is there a different approach I can use
        to get
        > your music list?

        Hrm... works for me. I'm greedily devouring it as I type. I plan to
        sequence the Quen Quer Que tonight into my synth to see how it matches
        with the recording of it I've got stuck in my head.

        -=Eric

        > --- Lady Lin Shiao Mei <shiao_mei@...> wrote:
        > > I have compiled a sheet music book which can be
        > > downloaded as a .pdf file
        > > at:
        > > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shiao_mei/crtdance.pdf

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2 4:10 PM
          > Hrm... works for me. I'm greedily devouring it as I
          > type. I plan to
          > sequence the Quen Quer Que tonight into my synth to
          > see how it matches
          > with the recording of it I've got stuck in my head.
          >
          > -=Eric

          If a MIDI or Noteworthy file would help, you can go
          to:
          http://www.angelfire.com/folk/treasurer/lilies2003/

          Or the original version is at:
          http://www.crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/music/
          I extended the half note at the end of each "phrase."
          The original music had a half measure there, but most
          musicians were holding it longer, and the dancers
          liked it better (half measures seem to throw many
          people off)

          katriana

          http://calendar.yahoo.com