boston

  • memelaina <mem@rialto.org>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2003
      Well, the good news is that i made it home from boston just before
      they closed the airport there for snow. The bad news is that I did
      NOT make it to the Charles Garth practice on Friday.

      But there was a nice regency dance practice at the con on Sunday
      taught by Susan Gargiola (sp?) and it was, frankly, a lot more fun
      than most of the John Hertz regency dances have been. I can now do a
      Boulanger and a Quadrille and she kept us dancing rather than standing
      listening to long discussions of manners and mores.

      Elaina
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2003

        "memelaina " wrote:

        > Well, the good news is that i made it home from boston just before
        > they closed the airport there for snow.

        Glad you made it home safely.

        > ... there was a nice regency dance practice at the con on Sunday
        > taught by Susan Gargiola (sp?) and it was, frankly, a lot more fun
        > than most of the John Hertz regency dances have been.

        I think this would be Susan de Guardiola (Alejandra de Miera in the SCA).

        Susan taught the 16th c. Italian workshop in Caerthe (and Dragonship Haven) last
        spring. We, too, think she is a good teacher. She is very knowledgeable about
        dances from 1580 through about 1920.

        I wish I could have gone along. It wasn't to be, but it sounds like we missed
        out on some fun dancing.

        Susan has a second Caroso Dance Workshop in the works, but we do not have plans,
        at this time, to bring her back - the logistics are too complicated. Later this
        year may be possible. If anyone would like to help with a return engagement,
        please let me know. I am still in contact with her.

        Keith / Guillaume S:}>
      • Sheila McClune
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2003
          Yes, this sounds like Susan -- she's a very good dance teacher, in my
          opinion. The workshop she did for us last summer was excellent.

          Arwen