[Fwd: [SCA-Dance] Estrella War Grand Ball]

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2003

      For those who will be at Estrella this year, the ball schedule has just
      been posted (I'd guess 5 hours worth of dances, 7 pm to midnight). Note that we
      do 15 of the first 16 dances here in Caerthe, and can help with some of the
      others. I will be happy to teach or review any of our dances at Caerthen dance
      practice for those preparing for Estrella. Just drop in and let me know what
      you'd like to do. If you call (or email) ahead, I may even be able to arrange
      for printed instructions.

      We will be at the Park Hill library next Thursday, 30 January, at 7pm, and
      we will be at the Ross-University Hills library the following Thursday, 6
      February, at 7pm. Our schedule (with directions) is on our web page at
      http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html (click on "Schedule").

      I do not see a class list on the Estrella web site, but there will probably
      be some dance classes offered at the war - take a few moments to check them out
      while you're there!

      Keith / Guillaume S:}>

    • Suzanne <sovagris@cybermesa.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
        --- In OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com, Keith McClune
        <swashbuckler@c...> wrote:
        > Hi there:
        >
        > For those who will be at Estrella this year, the ball schedule
        has just
        > been posted

        <enormous snip>

        > > Korobushka

        Korobushka??!!? So, is this another proof for Arwen's "comfort zone"
        theory?

        Well, y'all have fun no matter if it's OOP or not -- this Cinderella
        will have to wait 'til another year to go to the ball. :)

        Suzanne
        (returning to lurker status now)
      • skmcclune <smcclune@earthlink.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
          --- In OutlandsDance@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne <sovagris@c...>"
          <sovagris@c...> wrote:
          > Korobushka??!!? So, is this another proof for Arwen's "comfort
          zone"
          > theory?
          <<<

          Well, it's a dance people know, so they feel comfortable doing it ...
          <grin>

          > Well, y'all have fun no matter if it's OOP or not -- this Cinderella
          > will have to wait 'til another year to go to the ball. :)
          <<<

          We won't be going this year, either. No funds, and I'm planning to
          use my time off for Known World Dance :)

          So is anybody on this list going to Estrella? Care to take some
          notes so you can report back to us on the dancing when you get home?