Re: [OutlandsDance] Re: Dances everyone should know

  • Morris Schaefer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2003
      Thanks you for the thought provoking letter,
      Your list is different than mine, I don't know 12 dances yet. I have done
      some at Estrella but didn't learn the names and can't really remember how
      they went but had fun dancing all the same. It also seems that we have
      affew different favorites in the south half of the kingdom. I agree, a top
      12 or 15 list with music and dance instructions would generate more dancing
      at events than is currently done. Is anybody working on such a project.
      I'd love to learn the music and so would my lady so we could provide live
      music. This past year has been spent gathering recordings of many dances,
      now I just need scores to work from. We can generate quality printable
      versions if all you have is a hand written version.

      I must also say, some dances are not suitabel for my aged knees, etc so I
      may have a different list of favorites just based on the types of steps
      involved.

      Lord Sean MacLeod

    • Sheila McClune
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2003
        Well, my knees aren't as young as they once were, so it could be that
        some of our favorite dances would work well for you. That's one of the
        cool things about period dance -- there's such a variety, you can find
        something for just about anybody!

        I know Lady Barbara was doing some of the dance stuff in al-Barran.
        Don't know if she's on the list at the moment or not -- it kinda depends
        on whether she has e-mail access or not. Otherwise, if you're going to
        be at Queen's Collegium, Guillaume and I will likely teach a dance class
        or two there.

        Arwen