Caerthen Dance Practice

  • skmcclune
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 6, 2002
      Apologies to anyone who attempted to attend our dance practice last
      week -- there was a mis-communication with our site, and they needed
      the room for the last installment of their July travel series (July
      32nd?). Anyway, we should be back on our usual schedule this week.

      Thanks, and sorry for any confusion!
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002

        As we enter the school and holiday season, our practice schedule once again
        becomes . . . interesting.

        There will be no Caerthen dance practice tonight.

        Next Thursday we will be at the home of Lady Damia, 1901 East 47th. From
        the south, take I-25 to the Broadway exit. Go north on Lincoln (which parallels
        Broadway) until it merges back into Broadway. Continue north on Broadway. When
        you reach the underpass area near Coors Field, the road will magically become
        Brighton Boulevard. Continue north on Brighton, past the Coliseum, until you
        reach 47th. This will be the first intersection (not counting off/on ramps)
        after you pass under the elevated portion of I-70. Turn right on 47th and
        proceed for just over 1 block. Lady Damia's house is on the right, just after
        the 4-way stop.

        For the current schedule of Caerthen Dance Practice locations and
        direction, please check our web site at:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 30, 2002

          This is just an update to let everyone know that we will *NOT* hold dance
          practice tomorrow (Halloween).

          The web page did show us at the library, but we canceled to let folk spend
          time at home with their little monsters (and superheroes and Martha Stewarts
          (1)). The web page has been updated, but I wanted to spread the word in case
          anybody made plans before the update.

          We will have practices the first three Thursdays of November (skipping
          Thanksgiving, Nov. 28).

          (1) I have heard the "Martha Stewart" is this year's best selling/most popular
          Halloween costume.

          Keith / Guillaume S:}>

          "Aserejé ja de jé de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva
          Majavi an de bugui an de buididipi" - Las Ketchup
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 20, 2003

            Due to the excess of snow we are currently enjoying, I have canceled
            Caerthen dance practice for tonight. While the main roads are open and
            reasonably clear, parking lots and Denver side streets are not so clear. We
            decided to give everyone a chance to finish clearing their cars and driveways
            (or recover from doing so).

            Unless we see another over-exuberant storm, we will be back on schedule
            next week at the Park Hill library.

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 3, 2003

              Just a reminder to all that Caerthen dance practice is held every Thursdays
              evening, usually (as tonight) at the Ross University Library.

              To view the schedule or get direction, check the Caerthen Dance web site

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 17, 2003

                Just a reminder to all that tonight's Caerthen dance practice starts at
                7:30 (not 7:00) at the Ross University Library.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 3, 2003

                  Just a quick note to let everyone know that Caerthen dance practice has
                  been canceled this week. Arwen and I will be in Oklahoma (on our way to KWDS)
                  Thursday evening, and our normal substitute teachers are not available this
                  week, either.

                  Keith / Guillaume
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 1, 2003

                    Due to the City of Denver's financial crisis, we have lost our regular
                    dance practice site at the Denver Public Library. As a first step toward
                    continuing Dance Practice, I have scheduled a room at the Englewood Public
                    Library, but this is only available once a month. More info. will be
                    forthcoming as I continue my search for an affordable (free is best) site. Any
                    suggestions are welcome.

                    To the point: tonight, Tuesday, 1 July 2003, is our first practice at the
                    Englewood Library. They are in the Englewood Civic Center (where Cinderella
                    City used to be). Direction are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web page:

                    http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dancepractice.html

                    We are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month through the end of the year
                    (so Caerthen fighter practice no longer conflicts with us).

                    I hope this will be an opportunity for more people to come out and join in
                    the fun!

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 22, 2003
                      Hi, everyone!

                      I just wanted to give everyone an update to our dance practice schedule.

                      As you should already know, Caerthen dance practice is now held once a
                      month, normally the first Tuesday of the month, at the Englewood public library.

                      HOWEVER - September 2nd is the day after Heroes and Legends, AND, Arwen and
                      I will be in the vicinity of Buffalo, NY, that day. So September's dance
                      practice will be on Tuesday, September 9. For those of you who have been to the
                      new site, we will be in the other meeting room, the Anderson Room, in the south
                      east corner of the library.

                      The schedule and directions are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web site at:
                      http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dancepractice.html

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2003

                        This is just an update to let everyone know where we are with Caerthen
                        dance practice. Tomorrow (Tuesday, 10/7) is our regular monthly meeting at the
                        Englewood Public Library.

                        But wait, there's more! Next week, we start twice a month practices at the
                        Colorado School of Mines (Caerthe's College of Scola Metallorum). These
                        practices will be on the second and fourth Tuesdays of October and November. So
                        this month we will meet on Tuesdays October 14 and 28. Practices will be in the
                        Student Center. Follow the signs to the room assigned on any given week.

                        All practices nominally start at 6:30 (depending on traffic, Arwen and I
                        could be a few minutes late - please wait for us!). Directions to the Library
                        are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web site
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html - direction to the School of
                        Mines will be added shortly.

                        If you are in the area, we hope to see you there!

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 23, 2004

                          This is just a reminder to folks who might be interested in coming to
                          Caerthen Dance Practice that we are meeting at the Englewood Public Library next
                          Tuesday (Aug. 31) and the following Tuesday (Sept. 7), starting our our "usual"
                          fall rotation. For the full schedule and directions, see the Caerthen Dance
                          Practice web site at:

                          http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

                          Your Servant,

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 1, 2004

                            I just wanted to remind folks that we will hold Caerthen Dance Practice
                            tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov 2) at the Englewood Public Library starting at 7 pm.

                            Yes, tomorrow is election day. Since the polls officially close at 7, I
                            encourage voters and non-voters alike to come on over and relax with some non-
                            partisan dancing after you cast your ballots. Don't worry if you are delayed at
                            the polls and are a little late - we will understand.

                            Keith / Guillaume S:}>
                            Caerthen Dancemaster
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 25, 2005

                              This is a reminder that Dance Practice is tomorrow night (Tuesday) at the
                              Colorado School of Mines. This week we are supposed to be in the ballroom, so
                              we should have lots of space.

                              For those who need directions:
                              From the north, find your best route to
                              highway 58 to Golden. Take the Washington Avenue exit and turn left (south)
                              toward Golden. Turn right onto 16th Street. The Student Center is four blocks
                              up the hill, on the right.
                              From the South, find your best route to Highway 6 / 6th Avenue (I-70 Exit
                              262). Go west past the Justice Center to 19th Street. Turn right on 19th
                              Street, then turn left on Elm Street. Follow Elm Street until it turns to the
                              right. You are now on 16th Street and the Student Center is on your left.

                              There is more information about dance practice on the Caerthen Dance Practice
                              web page at:

                              http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

                              We hope to see you there!

                              Keith / Guillaume S:}>