Re: Known World Dance

  • McClune, Sheila
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 1999
      From: JEANNE STAPLETON <jstaplet@...>

      I wanna go! I wanna go! I asked a while ago! Shotgun! Shotgun!!!

      Bera

      :-)

      P.S. - Do you have one of those rooftop luggage shell things?
      <<<

      We don't yet, but there may be one in our near future ...

      Since the event starts on Friday, we're planning to leave Thursday morning
      and come back on Monday. Can you get those days off work?

      I also forgot to add -- here is the URL for the KWDS web page, which
      includes the info I posted here, plus a tentative class list. An actual
      class schedule is promised sometime in the indefinite future ...

      http://members.xoom.com/KWDS/

      Arwen
    • JEANNE STAPLETON
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 1999

        On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, McClune, Sheila wrote:

        > From: "McClune, Sheila" <smcclune@...>
        >
        > For those who might be interested, here is some info on the upcoming Known
        > World Dance Symposium. Guillaume and I are planning to go; Tanwyn and Rivka
        > are thinking about coming with us. If everyone packs light (yeah, right!)
        > we might have room for one or two more riders ...
        >
        > Arwen

        > Known World Dance Symposium '99
        > Noon, Friday, May 21, 1999 through Noon, Sunday, May 23, 1999
        > Lewis and Clark Community College
        > 5800 Godfrey Rd. (U.S. 67), Godfrey, Ill. 62035
        > Barony of Shattered Crystal, Midrealm
        >
        > The Barony of Shattered Crystal invites you all to the Second Known World
        > Dance Symposium. The Symposium be three days of classes covering European
        > court dance, Middle Eastern dance, and other traditional dance forms, dance
        > music and musical concerns, and dance research and theory.
        >
        > Middle Eastern dance classes will be coordinated by:
        > Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
        > Mka Sue Moon
        > 1584 Blake Bottom Road
        > Huntsville, AL 35806
        > 256/890-0940
        > Swallis614@... <mailto:Swallis614@...>
        >
        > All other classes will be coordinated by:
        > Master Sion Andreas o Wynedd
        > Mka Ian A. Engle
        > P.O. Box 12092
        > Columbus, OH 43212-0092
        > 614/262-1982
        > Ian_Engle@... <mailto:Ian_Engle@...>
        >
        > Site Steward:
        > Master Bubba Godgodsson
        > Rick Buzzard
        > 2401 Holland
        > Godfrey, IL 62035
        > 618/462-7765
        >
        > The site fee will be $8.00 for the weekend until May 7, 1999, $10.00 after
        > that. Symposium proceedings will be included in the site fee. There is no
        > feast, but food will be available on site and at nearby restaurants. Make
        > checks payable to the SCA: Barony of Shattered Crystal and mail to the Site
        > Steward.
        > This is a dry site.
        >
        > Hotel information:
        > Currently 30 rooms are blocked at the nearest hotel:
        >
        > Hi-Way House Motor Inn
        > 3023 Godfrey Road
        > Godfrey, IL 60235
        > 618/466-6676
        > Cost $49.95/night.
        >
        > Other hotels are just a little further down the road in Godfrey/Alton.
        >
        > Directions:
        > Make your best way to I-270 on the north side of St. Louis. Take the U.S. 67
        > exit and go north towards Alton, Ill. Follow the signs for U.S. 67 through
        > Alton then look for SCA signs. Godfrey is just north of Alton. Lewis and
        > Clark Community College <http://www.lc.cc.il.us/campmap.html> is on the
        > left side of the road behind stone battlements.

        > Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Onelist: The leading provider of free email list services
        > Nobody cares if you can�t dance well. Just get up and dance. -- Dave Barry

      • JEANNE STAPLETON
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 1999
          > P.S. - Do you have one of those rooftop luggage shell things?
          > <<<
          >
          > We don't yet, but there may be one in our near future ...
          >
          > Since the event starts on Friday, we're planning to leave Thursday morning
          > and come back on Monday. Can you get those days off work?

          Yes indeedy.

          > I also forgot to add -- here is the URL for the KWDS web page, which
          > includes the info I posted here, plus a tentative class list. An actual
          > class schedule is promised sometime in the indefinite future ...
          >
          > http://members.xoom.com/KWDS/

          Thanx...

          Bera