Announcing a Caroso Dance Workshop

  • Keith McClune (Guillaume de Gonzac)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      Come learn the elegant dance style of Master Fabrito Caroso, based on his
      1581 book "Il Ballarino." This is a new dance style to most dancers in the
      Outlands. Our guest instructor from Dragonship Haven, in the East Kingdom,
      is Lady Alejandra de Miera, an expert in numerous historical dance styles.
      This day-long introductory workshop, suitable for beginners and practiced
      dancers alike, covers several basic 16th c. Italian dances. The workshop
      will be followed by a light supper and a ball with live music. Lunch/snacks
      during the workshop and supper before the ball will be prepared by Lady
      Aethelind.

      No special childrens' activities are planned, but youths old enough to
      understand and participate in the workshop are welcome to do so.

      Cost for the entire day, including workshop, food, and ball is $12.
      Cost for dinner and the ball is $8, and just the ball is $4.
      Non SCA members or at the door without reservations, please add $2.

      Reservations for the workshop are limited, but all are invited to join us
      for dinner and the ball. If you have special dietary needs, please contact
      the autocrat in advance.

      Send reservations or questions to the autocrat, Lord Guillaume de Gonzac,
      at:
      Keith McClune
      1275 South Birch St. #502
      Denver, CO 80246
      (303) 756-7040
      email: swashbuckler@...

      Site opens at 9 AM and the workshop begins at 9:30.
      Dinner is at 5 PM and the ball starts at 6 PM. The site closes at 11 PM.
      The site is dry and there is no smoking.

      The site is the Prince of Peace Lutheran Church at 2400 South Colorado Blvd.
      Directions: Take your best route to I-25 in Denver.
      From the North, exit I-25 at Colorado Blvd. exit 204. Turn right (south)
      onto Colorado Blvd. and go 1/2 mile to Wesley St. Turn left (east) on
      Wesley. The church is on the corner - parking is just past the church on
      the right.
      From the South, exit I-25 at Yale exit 202. Turn left (west) and go 3/4 mi.
      to Colorado Blvd. Turn right (north) on Colorado Blvd. 1/3 mile to Wesley.
      Turn right (east) on Wesley. The church is on the corner - parking is just
      past the church on the right.

      As always when visiting Caerthe during road construction season, attendees
      will wish to visit the T-Rex website at
      http://www.trexproject.com/whatsnew.asp to get the latest information on
      road closures and construction delays.