Estrella dance classes

  • kirstenng
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 12:51 PM
      Greetings to the list...

      I hope that I would not be presuming too much to post a rough list of
      dance classes scheduled for the upcoming Estrella War. Classes will
      run from 10am - 5 or 6pm, Thursday through Saturday. There will also
      be a ball Friday night, and open dancing in the grand court pavillion
      every night apart from that.

      Thursday:
      Introduction to Dancing
      Teaching Beginners to Dance in the SCA
      More Dancing (Beyond the Bransles)
      Idiot's Guide to: Galliards
      Two Italian Dances
      Il Canario
      The Old Measures
      15th century Italian Bassadanza

      Friday:
      Early Dance
      SCA Dance for Children
      Beginning English Country Dance
      Intermediate English Country Dance
      And Cast, Cast, Cast - Moving Thy Feet
      History of Western European Dance
      Introduction to Cascarde

      Saturday:
      Contrapasso da farsi in Ruota
      Creating dances after a period model
      Introduction to Burgundian Basse Danse
      Celeste Giglio workshop
      Bransles
      15th century Italian Balli
      Country Dancing just for fun

      Sunday:
      Advanced Country Dancing

      If you would like any further information, please just give me a
      yell. :) The full schedule is posted on the Estrella War website,
      although it's a little difficult to read. :)

      In service,
      Lady Julian ferch Rhys
      Minister of Dance, Kingdom of Atenveldt
      Estrella War A&S sub-autocrat (Dance)
    • Keith McClune (Guillaume de Gonzac)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7 1:41 PM
        Thank you for the information.

        Ah, if only I could go. But circumstances conspire against me.

        I hope that other Outlands dancers will take advantage of the opportunity
        presented by these classes.

        Keith / Guillaume S:}>

        kirstenng wrote:

        > Greetings to the list...
        >
        > I hope that I would not be presuming too much to post a rough list of
        > dance classes scheduled for the upcoming Estrella War.
        <etc.>