Known World Dance

  • McClune, Sheila
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 1999
      For those who might be interested, here is some info on the upcoming Known
      World Dance Symposium. Guillaume and I are planning to go; Tanwyn and Rivka
      are thinking about coming with us. If everyone packs light (yeah, right!)
      we might have room for one or two more riders ...

      Known World Dance Symposium '99
      Noon, Friday, May 21, 1999 through Noon, Sunday, May 23, 1999
      Lewis and Clark Community College
      5800 Godfrey Rd. (U.S. 67), Godfrey, Ill. 62035
      Barony of Shattered Crystal, Midrealm

      The Barony of Shattered Crystal invites you all to the Second Known World
      Dance Symposium. The Symposium be three days of classes covering European
      court dance, Middle Eastern dance, and other traditional dance forms, dance
      music and musical concerns, and dance research and theory.

      Middle Eastern dance classes will be coordinated by:
      Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
      Mka Sue Moon
      1584 Blake Bottom Road
      Huntsville, AL 35806
      256/890-0940
      Swallis614@... <mailto:Swallis614@...>

      All other classes will be coordinated by:
      Master Sion Andreas o Wynedd
      Mka Ian A. Engle
      P.O. Box 12092
      Columbus, OH 43212-0092
      614/262-1982
      Ian_Engle@... <mailto:Ian_Engle@...>

      Site Steward:
      Master Bubba Godgodsson
      Rick Buzzard
      2401 Holland
      Godfrey, IL 62035
      618/462-7765

      The site fee will be $8.00 for the weekend until May 7, 1999, $10.00 after
      that. Symposium proceedings will be included in the site fee. There is no
      feast, but food will be available on site and at nearby restaurants. Make
      checks payable to the SCA: Barony of Shattered Crystal and mail to the Site
      Steward.
      This is a dry site.

      Hotel information:
      Currently 30 rooms are blocked at the nearest hotel:

      Hi-Way House Motor Inn
      3023 Godfrey Road
      Godfrey, IL 60235
      618/466-6676
      Cost $49.95/night.

      Other hotels are just a little further down the road in Godfrey/Alton.

      Directions:
      Make your best way to I-270 on the north side of St. Louis. Take the U.S. 67
      exit and go north towards Alton, Ill. Follow the signs for U.S. 67 through
      Alton then look for SCA signs. Godfrey is just north of Alton. Lewis and
      Clark Community College <http://www.lc.cc.il.us/campmap.html> is on the
      left side of the road behind stone battlements.
    • McClune, Sheila
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 1999
        From: JEANNE STAPLETON <jstaplet@...>

        I wanna go! I wanna go! I asked a while ago! Shotgun! Shotgun!!!

        Bera

        :-)

        P.S. - Do you have one of those rooftop luggage shell things?
        <<<

        We don't yet, but there may be one in our near future ...

        Since the event starts on Friday, we're planning to leave Thursday morning
        and come back on Monday. Can you get those days off work?

        I also forgot to add -- here is the URL for the KWDS web page, which
        includes the info I posted here, plus a tentative class list. An actual
        class schedule is promised sometime in the indefinite future ...

        http://members.xoom.com/KWDS/

        Arwen
      • JEANNE STAPLETON
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 1999

          On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, McClune, Sheila wrote:

          > From: "McClune, Sheila" <smcclune@...>
          >
          > For those who might be interested, here is some info on the upcoming Known
          > World Dance Symposium. Guillaume and I are planning to go; Tanwyn and Rivka
          > are thinking about coming with us. If everyone packs light (yeah, right!)
          > we might have room for one or two more riders ...
          >
          > Arwen

          > Known World Dance Symposium '99
          > Noon, Friday, May 21, 1999 through Noon, Sunday, May 23, 1999
          > Lewis and Clark Community College
          > 5800 Godfrey Rd. (U.S. 67), Godfrey, Ill. 62035
          > Barony of Shattered Crystal, Midrealm
          >
          > The Barony of Shattered Crystal invites you all to the Second Known World
          > Dance Symposium. The Symposium be three days of classes covering European
          > court dance, Middle Eastern dance, and other traditional dance forms, dance
          > music and musical concerns, and dance research and theory.
          >
          > Middle Eastern dance classes will be coordinated by:
          > Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
          > Mka Sue Moon
          > 1584 Blake Bottom Road
          > Huntsville, AL 35806
          > 256/890-0940
          > Swallis614@... <mailto:Swallis614@...>
          >
          > All other classes will be coordinated by:
          > Master Sion Andreas o Wynedd
          > Mka Ian A. Engle
          > P.O. Box 12092
          > Columbus, OH 43212-0092
          > 614/262-1982
          > Ian_Engle@... <mailto:Ian_Engle@...>
          >
          > Site Steward:
          > Master Bubba Godgodsson
          > Rick Buzzard
          > 2401 Holland
          > Godfrey, IL 62035
          > 618/462-7765
          >
          > The site fee will be $8.00 for the weekend until May 7, 1999, $10.00 after
          > that. Symposium proceedings will be included in the site fee. There is no
          > feast, but food will be available on site and at nearby restaurants. Make
          > checks payable to the SCA: Barony of Shattered Crystal and mail to the Site
          > Steward.
          > This is a dry site.
          >
          > Hotel information:
          > Currently 30 rooms are blocked at the nearest hotel:
          >
          > Hi-Way House Motor Inn
          > 3023 Godfrey Road
          > Godfrey, IL 60235
          > 618/466-6676
          > Cost $49.95/night.
          >
          > Other hotels are just a little further down the road in Godfrey/Alton.
          >
          > Directions:
          > Make your best way to I-270 on the north side of St. Louis. Take the U.S. 67
          > exit and go north towards Alton, Ill. Follow the signs for U.S. 67 through
          > Alton then look for SCA signs. Godfrey is just north of Alton. Lewis and
          > Clark Community College <http://www.lc.cc.il.us/campmap.html> is on the
          > left side of the road behind stone battlements.

          > Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Onelist: The leading provider of free email list services
          > Nobody cares if you can�t dance well. Just get up and dance. -- Dave Barry

        • JEANNE STAPLETON
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 1999
            > P.S. - Do you have one of those rooftop luggage shell things?
            > <<<
            >
            > We don't yet, but there may be one in our near future ...
            >
            > Since the event starts on Friday, we're planning to leave Thursday morning
            > and come back on Monday. Can you get those days off work?

            Yes indeedy.

            > I also forgot to add -- here is the URL for the KWDS web page, which
            > includes the info I posted here, plus a tentative class list. An actual
            > class schedule is promised sometime in the indefinite future ...
            >
            > http://members.xoom.com/KWDS/

            Thanx...

            Bera