Caerthen Dance Practice

  • Keith McClune (Guillaume de Gonzac)
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001

      I have updated the Caerthen Dance Practice schedule for the first half
      of next year. The locations and directions are on our web page at:

      http://home.earthlink.net/%7Esmcclune/dance.html

      We have also added a page with our recommended recordings of dance
      music. Does anybody know of a source for the CD "Mesura Et Arte Del Danzare
      (Balli italiani del quatrocento)" by Accademia Viscontea I Musicanti? This
      seems to be out of print, which is a shame, as it is one of our favorites.
      If anyone has any other favorites, please share with the rest of us.

      Keith / Guillaume S:}>
    • Keith McClune (Guillaume de Gonzac)
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 25 10:28 AM

        Tonight's dance practice will be patterned after a Caroso Style Ball.
        We will take turns choosing our favorite dances and do them with minimal or
        no instruction. There are currently 56 dances in our play list. As always,
        period garb is encouraged (but not required) for the last practice of the
        month.

        For more information about Caerthen Dance Practice, including our dance
        play list and site schedule, please visit our web site:

        http://home.earthlink.net/%7Esmcclune/dance.html

        We will be at the Park Hill library tonight: Find your best route to
        the intersection of Colorado Blvd. and Montview Blvd. Montview is about
        three blocks north of Colfax and about a mile south of I-70. At this
        intersection, the Denver Museum of Science and Nature will be to the west.
        Turn east on Montview and proceed 7-8 blocks to the intersection of Montview
        and Dexter. The library is on the northeast corner of the intersection.
        Parking is on the street.

        Keith / Guillaume S:}>
      • skmcclune
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 6, 2002
          Apologies to anyone who attempted to attend our dance practice last
          week -- there was a mis-communication with our site, and they needed
          the room for the last installment of their July travel series (July
          32nd?). Anyway, we should be back on our usual schedule this week.

          Thanks, and sorry for any confusion!
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 17, 2002

            As we enter the school and holiday season, our practice schedule once again
            becomes . . . interesting.

            There will be no Caerthen dance practice tonight.

            Next Thursday we will be at the home of Lady Damia, 1901 East 47th. From
            the south, take I-25 to the Broadway exit. Go north on Lincoln (which parallels
            Broadway) until it merges back into Broadway. Continue north on Broadway. When
            you reach the underpass area near Coors Field, the road will magically become
            Brighton Boulevard. Continue north on Brighton, past the Coliseum, until you
            reach 47th. This will be the first intersection (not counting off/on ramps)
            after you pass under the elevated portion of I-70. Turn right on 47th and
            proceed for just over 1 block. Lady Damia's house is on the right, just after
            the 4-way stop.

            For the current schedule of Caerthen Dance Practice locations and
            direction, please check our web site at:
            http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 30, 2002

              This is just an update to let everyone know that we will *NOT* hold dance
              practice tomorrow (Halloween).

              The web page did show us at the library, but we canceled to let folk spend
              time at home with their little monsters (and superheroes and Martha Stewarts
              (1)). The web page has been updated, but I wanted to spread the word in case
              anybody made plans before the update.

              We will have practices the first three Thursdays of November (skipping
              Thanksgiving, Nov. 28).

              (1) I have heard the "Martha Stewart" is this year's best selling/most popular
              Halloween costume.

              Keith / Guillaume S:}>

              "Aserejé ja de jé de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva
              Majavi an de bugui an de buididipi" - Las Ketchup
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 20, 2003

                Due to the excess of snow we are currently enjoying, I have canceled
                Caerthen dance practice for tonight. While the main roads are open and
                reasonably clear, parking lots and Denver side streets are not so clear. We
                decided to give everyone a chance to finish clearing their cars and driveways
                (or recover from doing so).

                Unless we see another over-exuberant storm, we will be back on schedule
                next week at the Park Hill library.

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 3 11:58 AM

                  Just a reminder to all that Caerthen dance practice is held every Thursdays
                  evening, usually (as tonight) at the Ross University Library.

                  To view the schedule or get direction, check the Caerthen Dance web site

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 17 10:51 AM

                    Just a reminder to all that tonight's Caerthen dance practice starts at
                    7:30 (not 7:00) at the Ross University Library.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 3, 2003

                      Just a quick note to let everyone know that Caerthen dance practice has
                      been canceled this week. Arwen and I will be in Oklahoma (on our way to KWDS)
                      Thursday evening, and our normal substitute teachers are not available this
                      week, either.

                      Keith / Guillaume
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 1, 2003

                        Due to the City of Denver's financial crisis, we have lost our regular
                        dance practice site at the Denver Public Library. As a first step toward
                        continuing Dance Practice, I have scheduled a room at the Englewood Public
                        Library, but this is only available once a month. More info. will be
                        forthcoming as I continue my search for an affordable (free is best) site. Any
                        suggestions are welcome.

                        To the point: tonight, Tuesday, 1 July 2003, is our first practice at the
                        Englewood Library. They are in the Englewood Civic Center (where Cinderella
                        City used to be). Direction are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web page:

                        http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dancepractice.html

                        We are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month through the end of the year
                        (so Caerthen fighter practice no longer conflicts with us).

                        I hope this will be an opportunity for more people to come out and join in
                        the fun!

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 22, 2003
                          Hi, everyone!

                          I just wanted to give everyone an update to our dance practice schedule.

                          As you should already know, Caerthen dance practice is now held once a
                          month, normally the first Tuesday of the month, at the Englewood public library.

                          HOWEVER - September 2nd is the day after Heroes and Legends, AND, Arwen and
                          I will be in the vicinity of Buffalo, NY, that day. So September's dance
                          practice will be on Tuesday, September 9. For those of you who have been to the
                          new site, we will be in the other meeting room, the Anderson Room, in the south
                          east corner of the library.

                          The schedule and directions are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web site at:
                          http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dancepractice.html

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 6, 2003

                            This is just an update to let everyone know where we are with Caerthen
                            dance practice. Tomorrow (Tuesday, 10/7) is our regular monthly meeting at the
                            Englewood Public Library.

                            But wait, there's more! Next week, we start twice a month practices at the
                            Colorado School of Mines (Caerthe's College of Scola Metallorum). These
                            practices will be on the second and fourth Tuesdays of October and November. So
                            this month we will meet on Tuesdays October 14 and 28. Practices will be in the
                            Student Center. Follow the signs to the room assigned on any given week.

                            All practices nominally start at 6:30 (depending on traffic, Arwen and I
                            could be a few minutes late - please wait for us!). Directions to the Library
                            are on the Caerthen Dance Practice web site
                            http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html - direction to the School of
                            Mines will be added shortly.

                            If you are in the area, we hope to see you there!

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 23, 2004

                              This is just a reminder to folks who might be interested in coming to
                              Caerthen Dance Practice that we are meeting at the Englewood Public Library next
                              Tuesday (Aug. 31) and the following Tuesday (Sept. 7), starting our our "usual"
                              fall rotation. For the full schedule and directions, see the Caerthen Dance
                              Practice web site at:

                              http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

                              Your Servant,

                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 1, 2004

                                I just wanted to remind folks that we will hold Caerthen Dance Practice
                                tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov 2) at the Englewood Public Library starting at 7 pm.

                                Yes, tomorrow is election day. Since the polls officially close at 7, I
                                encourage voters and non-voters alike to come on over and relax with some non-
                                partisan dancing after you cast your ballots. Don't worry if you are delayed at
                                the polls and are a little late - we will understand.

                                Keith / Guillaume S:}>
                                Caerthen Dancemaster
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 25 6:09 PM

                                  This is a reminder that Dance Practice is tomorrow night (Tuesday) at the
                                  Colorado School of Mines. This week we are supposed to be in the ballroom, so
                                  we should have lots of space.

                                  For those who need directions:
                                  From the north, find your best route to
                                  highway 58 to Golden. Take the Washington Avenue exit and turn left (south)
                                  toward Golden. Turn right onto 16th Street. The Student Center is four blocks
                                  up the hill, on the right.
                                  From the South, find your best route to Highway 6 / 6th Avenue (I-70 Exit
                                  262). Go west past the Justice Center to 19th Street. Turn right on 19th
                                  Street, then turn left on Elm Street. Follow Elm Street until it turns to the
                                  right. You are now on 16th Street and the Student Center is on your left.

                                  There is more information about dance practice on the Caerthen Dance Practice
                                  web page at:

                                  http://home.earthlink.net/~smcclune/dance.html

                                  We hope to see you there!

                                  Keith / Guillaume S:}>