Re: Introductions (of Lord Guillaume)

  • smcclune@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2001
      --- In OutlandsDance@y..., Barbara Krege <krege@a...> wrote:
      3) Do you know
      the name
      > of the gentleman (and his contact information, especially e-mail)
      that
      > taught court dancing at Estrella Wars 2 or 3 Wars ago? I don't
      remember
      > what he looked like, but I BELIEVE he was from Phoenix, and think he
      had a
      > very slender build, long hair, and dressed very nicely. (My memory
      is not
      > the greatest.) He also seemed to be very knowledgable about court
      dancing
      > and taught the skipping dance (see 4) and a very, very complicated
      court
      > dance, among others.

      Is he the fellow who came and taught dancing at an event in al-Barran
      ... oh, I don't remember, maybe the Sworded Affair before last? That
      fellow was named Dougal (though not the Dougal from Dragonsspine), and
      he was from Atenveldt.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
        RE: [OutlandsDance] Re: Introductions (of Lord Guillaume)

        Arwen, Thank you very much.  Yes, that is the gentleman.  Does anyone have contact information (preferably e-mail) for Dougal of Atenveldt, who teaches court dancing?  Barbara

        > of the gentleman (and his contact information, especially e-mail)
        that
        > taught court dancing at Estrella Wars 2 or 3 Wars ago?  I don't
        remember
        > what he looked like, but I BELIEVE he was from Phoenix, and think he
        had a
        > very slender build, long hair, and dressed very nicely. (My memory
        is not
        > the greatest.)  He also seemed to be very knowledgable about court
        dancing
        > and taught the skipping dance (see 4) and a very, very complicated
        court
        > dance, among others.

        Is he the fellow who came and taught dancing at an event in al-Barran
        ... oh, I don't remember, maybe the Sworded Affair before last?  That
        fellow was named Dougal (though not the Dougal from Dragonsspine), and
        he was from Atenveldt.

        Arwen

        Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance. -- Dave
        Barry

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kgarner1@ix.netcom.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
          > Yes, that is the gentleman. Does anyone have
          > contact information (preferably e-mail) for Dougal of Atenveldt,
          who teaches
          > court dancing? Barbara

          Delurking for a moment...

          Just a brief intro - I'm Lady Julian ferch Rhys, kingdom deputy A&S
          minister (dance) for Atenveldt. OK, now that you know who I am... :)

          Doughall had a serious attack of real life just before the next-to-
          last Estrella War and decided that he needed a break from the SCA for
          a while. He's not been teaching or doing much else since then. He's
          starting to come back from time to time as his schedule permits
          though, and *may* teach a class for me at this next Estrella. (YAY!)
          I'd be happy to pass on your info to him, if you'd like. ;)

          (short advert: If anyone would like to teach a dance class at this
          next Estrella, I would love to hear from you! We're planning on a
          full dance collegium this year.:)

          Arglwyddes Julian ferch Rhys