RE: [OutlandsDance] Introductions (of Lord Guillaume)

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2001
      RE: [OutlandsDance] Introductions (of Lord Guillaume)

      (Originally I was replying to Lord Guillaume, but as I got further into this e-mail reply, I thought it might provide fodder for generating discussion, so I am sending it to all. Lady Barbara)

      Lord Guillaume, I was delighted to receive your e-mail this morning and that you reintroduced yourself to the dance group.  I almost e-mailed you in the last couple of days to ask you to do just that.  While I have sent info on the OutlandsDance discussion list out to those who have contacted me, to my knowledge none of them have yet signed up.  They are Anora of Caerthe, Dougal of Dragonspine, Lord Sean of Rio de las Animas Perdidas, and THL Aildhicinna of Unser Haufen (as well as you and THL Arwen.)  Tatiana of Dragonsspine also e-mailed me that Master Alwyn of Kittisford teaches court dancing in Dragonsspine, weekly.  So I have been asking each of them for their permission to send on, the information they sent me as well as future general knowledge e-mails, to the others and so far I've heard okays from Arwen and Anora.  I too give my permission to anyone to forward any of my e-mails in the future, including my recent "introduction" e-mail.

       1) May I forward this introduction e-mail of yours to the others as well as any future general knowledge e-mail you might send me?  I will continue to encourage them to join the court dance discussion list. 2)  Who else besides yourself, Arwen and myself are on this discussion list?  Does everyone that Arwen and you know, who teaches court dancing in the Outlands, either on the discussion list now or among the 5 I listed above?  3) Do you know the name of the gentleman (and his contact information, especially e-mail) that taught court dancing at Estrella Wars 2 or 3 Wars ago?  I don't remember what he looked like, but I BELIEVE he was from Phoenix, and think he had a very slender build, long hair, and dressed very nicely. (My memory is not the greatest.)  He also seemed to be very knowledgable about court dancing and taught the skipping dance (see 4) and a very, very complicated court dance, among others.   4) I am delighted that your dance group has a web page and I look forward to looking at it.  Do you remember the 3 person dance that is on your CD where there is skipping involved, which you taught us at the last Midwinter?  Some reverances to each other and P2 and P3 catch up to where P1 skips to. Is it Petit Riens?  If you could EASILY (please don't type it up; I was hoping you had a copy of the instructions in your computer files) e-mail a copy of the dance instructions, I would really appreciate it.  Otherwise I can wait.

      Yours in service, Barbara

    • smcclune@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2001
        --- In OutlandsDance@y..., Barbara Krege <krege@a...> wrote:
        3) Do you know
        the name
        > of the gentleman (and his contact information, especially e-mail)
        that
        > taught court dancing at Estrella Wars 2 or 3 Wars ago? I don't
        remember
        > what he looked like, but I BELIEVE he was from Phoenix, and think he
        had a
        > very slender build, long hair, and dressed very nicely. (My memory
        is not
        > the greatest.) He also seemed to be very knowledgable about court
        dancing
        > and taught the skipping dance (see 4) and a very, very complicated
        court
        > dance, among others.

        Is he the fellow who came and taught dancing at an event in al-Barran
        ... oh, I don't remember, maybe the Sworded Affair before last? That
        fellow was named Dougal (though not the Dougal from Dragonsspine), and
        he was from Atenveldt.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
          RE: [OutlandsDance] Re: Introductions (of Lord Guillaume)

          Arwen, Thank you very much.  Yes, that is the gentleman.  Does anyone have contact information (preferably e-mail) for Dougal of Atenveldt, who teaches court dancing?  Barbara

          > of the gentleman (and his contact information, especially e-mail)
          that
          > taught court dancing at Estrella Wars 2 or 3 Wars ago?  I don't
          remember
          > what he looked like, but I BELIEVE he was from Phoenix, and think he
          had a
          > very slender build, long hair, and dressed very nicely. (My memory
          is not
          > the greatest.)  He also seemed to be very knowledgable about court
          dancing
          > and taught the skipping dance (see 4) and a very, very complicated
          court
          > dance, among others.

          Is he the fellow who came and taught dancing at an event in al-Barran
          ... oh, I don't remember, maybe the Sworded Affair before last?  That
          fellow was named Dougal (though not the Dougal from Dragonsspine), and
          he was from Atenveldt.

          Arwen

          Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance. -- Dave
          Barry

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kgarner1@ix.netcom.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
            > Yes, that is the gentleman. Does anyone have
            > contact information (preferably e-mail) for Dougal of Atenveldt,
            who teaches
            > court dancing? Barbara

            Delurking for a moment...

            Just a brief intro - I'm Lady Julian ferch Rhys, kingdom deputy A&S
            minister (dance) for Atenveldt. OK, now that you know who I am... :)

            Doughall had a serious attack of real life just before the next-to-
            last Estrella War and decided that he needed a break from the SCA for
            a while. He's not been teaching or doing much else since then. He's
            starting to come back from time to time as his schedule permits
            though, and *may* teach a class for me at this next Estrella. (YAY!)
            I'd be happy to pass on your info to him, if you'd like. ;)

            (short advert: If anyone would like to teach a dance class at this
            next Estrella, I would love to hear from you! We're planning on a
            full dance collegium this year.:)

            Arglwyddes Julian ferch Rhys