Introducing myself, Lady Barbara of al-Barran, to the Outlands Co urt Dancing discussion list members

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
      Introducing myself, Lady Barbara of al-Barran, to the Outlands Court Dancing discussion list members

      Hi, I finally have access to a computer (on weekdays at work) and I have joined this court dancing discussion list.  I found out about it because THL Arwen of Caerthe responded to my recent e-mail and told me about it.  I had sent out a general e-mail to everyone on the Outlands discussion list and I was seeking the names of those who teach court dancing or have an interest in teaching court dancing in each of the SCA Outlands groups.  So far I have heard from Arwen and three others, whom I have now told about this discussion list--Lord Sean of Rio de las Animas Perdidas, Anora de Maledisant of Caerthe, and Dougal of Dragonspine.  If you know of anyone else who teaches court dancing or is interested in teaching, would you please send me their names, e-mail address, and other contact information, including the name of the SCA group that they are a member of (shire, barony, etc.)  I would like their names so that I can contact them personally and I can invite them personally to any court dancing collegiums that we would have in the future in al-Barran.

      I am Lady Barbara and I have been playing in the SCA for over six years in al-Barran.  I started going to court dance practices/lessons over 5 years ago and I have been the teacher of court dancing here in al-Barran at events, balls, sporadic dance practices, and dance collegiums in al-Barran for the last four years, ever since Mistress Rebecca of Landcaster moved away and Lady Rebekah of Lizard's Nest stopped playing.  For the last year I have taught and been a member of an active adult Court Dance Performance Troupe that performs on the average about once a month in al-Barran.  For over a year now, I have regularly taught court dancing about 3 Sundays of each month usually at fighter practice. I recently xeroxed a lot of court dance instruction materials from several sources, that I have yet to organize into notebooks or put into a computer and cross reference.  I also have made copies of several tapes of court dance music.  Then about a year ago, I created a six page booklet of court dance instructions for 27 court dances, to help those wishing to learn court dances in al-Barran.    I also wish to invite you to a Court Dance Collegium being held from noon to 5PM at the site of our Masked Ball, November 17 in al-Barran.  Here is my mundane contact information--Barbara Krege, 12612 Morrow Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112, 505-293-7453.  I look forward to hearing from each of you.  Yours in service, Lady Barbara

    • Robin Monogue
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2001

        >So far I have heard from Arwen and three others, whom I have now
        >told about this discussion list--Lord Sean of Rio de las Animas
        >Perdidas, Anora de Maledisant of Caerthe, and Dougal of Dragonspine.

        Caerthe's weekly dance practice is actually taught by THL Arwen
        Southernwood and Lord Guillaume de Gonzac, for whom you apparently
        already have contact info (and they are on this list).
        Dragonsspine's weekly practice is taught by Master Alwyn of
        Kittisford (alwyn@...).

        Tatiana
        Dragonsspine