71Top dances for the Outlands

  • Swashbuckler
    Dec 31, 1999
      Greetings unto the Outlands Dancing community from Guillaume de Gonzac, part
      time leader of dance in the fair Barony of Caerthe.

      A few weeks ago on the SCA-Dance list Lady Ambrosia from Nordskogen
      asked "which 12 dances should _every_ SCA gentle know?" The context was:

      > For many (read about 14) years, Northshield has had a Dance event, even
      > before it was Northshield. Each year as instructors are sought, they are
      > asked a question which I would pose to the dance community as a whole:
      >
      > Which 12 dances should _every_ SCA gentle know?
      >
      > Usually, the question is narrowed down to the Middle Kingdom, but for this
      > am interested in including the whole SCA.
      >
      > I am also curious as to _why_ you would choose those particular dances.

      I would like to ask what 12 dances do you think every dancer in the
      Outlands should know and why? After we've seen some of the ideas from other
      Outlanders, I will post my own list and a summary of the results from the
      SCA list.

      Keith / Guillaume
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic