27Re: Encouraging Period Dance

  • McClune, Sheila
    May 25, 1999
      From: Eric <esbarnes@...>

      All of the ideas for encouraging more dancing sound good. I would suggest
      one more, and that is that some of the more experienced dancers ask
      new or inexperienced dancers to dance. It is easy to get into the habit of
      dancing with certain people, especially spouses or signficant others. But
      you dance with a less experienced person, and help them get through the
      especially if you can try to make them look good in the process, it will
      encourage them to dance more.

      One of the things we do try to do is mix it up so that people get to dance
      with lots of different partners. Our unofficial "rule" is that you
      shouldn't dance with someone twice until you've danced with everyone else
      there. I think that dancing with different partners helps a lot, and we do
      try to balance experienced dancers with inexperienced ones between sets,

      For those who don't get CA, the latest issue covers period dance. I haven't
      had a chance to read it yet, but I thought people would like to know.

      I haven't had a chance to read this yet, either, since we just got it when
      we got home last night. But I got to meet the authors of this at Known
      World Dance, and they are cool folks. FYI, there is a CD of music to
      accompany the CA. I've ordered an advance copy, and I'll try to bring the
      info in tomorrow so I can tell other folks how to order it, too.

      And I'll be writing lots on KWD ... but not today, I'm busy catching up on
      three days' worth of work!

      With more than 17 million e-mails exchanged daily...
      ...ONElist is THE place where the world talks!
      Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. -- Dave Barry
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic