129Re: [OutlandsDance] Caerthen Dance Music CD

  • Sheila McClune
    Nov 20 3:31 PM
      Morris Schaefer wrote:
      > Greetings to all on these lists and a profitable Friday to all;
      > I'm working on a project to upgrade the dance music tapes for al-Barran and
      > find that some of the tunes are credited to the Caerta Dance Music CD. I'm
      > now asking if anyone has a copy for sale, as in a new copy I'd like to
      > obtaine it for my files.

      Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

      The Caerthe Dance Hits CD is something my lord husband and I compiled
      from our CD collection. It was never for sale, due to copyright issues
      -- we have given away a copy or two, but because we would like to
      support our favorite musicians (keeping them in business as well as
      providing them with incentive to do more), we don't want to give away
      too many copies.

      That said, I will add that most of the CDs we took tracks from are still
      in print, and Guillaume is even now working up a list of CDs and where
      to find them. We'll post a link to that list as soon as we have it

      Meanwhile ... Much of the music we use is available very cheaply from
      Eric Praetzel's web site. You can buy copies of several good dance CDs
      from him for $3 each (postage included), at
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/CD-offer.html, or if you're too
      impatient to wait for mail order, you can download many of the tracks
      for free and create your own discs at
      http://ieee.uwaterloo.ca/praetzel/mp3-cd/index.html. Please note that
      much of the music on his site is free; however, some tracks do require a
      royalty. You can get an awful lot of good stuff for free, though!

      Happy dancing!

      p.s. Sorry we were unable to attend the masked ball ... it sounds like
      it was a lot of fun, and I even had a mask to wear, but we had
      commitments here in Caerthe for the weekend ...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic