Abuse of special ed girl at school investigated after whistleblowers allege serious mistreatment

  • Sandy Alperstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012
      This is from an advocate from COPAA (Council of Parent Attorneys & Advocates) who is personally involved in the case - he asks us to share this widely and if possible, thank the reporter (who has done several special ed abuse exposes):

      On Thursday night December 20th, 2012 on the 9 p.m Newscast, KRIV- FOX 26's Greg Groogan reported on a story of teacher on student abuse in Conroe ISD, an area about 30 miles north of Houston, Texas. This has been a very shocking and troubling case that I have become involved in. Several staff members and a classmate of the victim bravely came forward in an attempt to put a stop to the continued abuse of students. It is a case of abuse and cover up by the district and Greg exposed it in his report. I urge all of you to watch it and tell your friends, co-workers and members of your religious order to do the same. I have included a link to the video from the local Fox web site http://tinyurl.com/brshz6o in order for you to view the story.
      As all of us know, we do not always derive the outcomes that we strive to achieve for our clients in special education cases. This story will assist in putting pressure against the district to get the teacher removed from the classroom and hopefully pave the way for criminal charges for the perpetrator as well as those that covered up the abuse. Greg and Fox 26 continue to make a dramatic impact in protecting our children in the public schools. As the televised media is all about ratings, please show your support and appreciation by emailing Greg, calling the station or by sending snail mail to the station.
      Greg Groogan's email: Greg.Groogan@...
      KRIV Main switchboard #-(713) 479-2600
      Snail mail address:
      KRIV FOX 26
      4261 Southwest Freeway
      Houston, TX 77027

      Please share this post to all list serves that you participate in.
      Louis H. Geigerman
      Founder and President, National ARD/IEP Advocates
      Sandy Alperstein, Illinois
      Twitter: @alpymom
      Volunteer Co-Webmaster, Our Children Left Behind (http://www.ourchildrenleftbehind.com) (special education advocacy volunteers on a national level); Special Kids, Special Families (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/specialkidsspecialfamilies) (volunteers providing support, education, and advocacy for families with special needs in the NW suburban Chicago area)